1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Tech information requestSupport

1. OGHFMstrSimon

OGHFMstrSimon New Member

Hallo people, first posting to this forum
    I have been using android for close to a year now, apart from obvious niggles, I haven't really had any issues to report until this weekend, my little desire S which I do use a lot, being on the 3 contract it is used a lot, so, last night, lost data connection, nothing unusual, my buddy with me at the time his did this at the same time, so we both restarted the phones, his old Desire came up and worked a treat, my S just bricked basically, I have tried all the methods recommended and have got to the bit that says, refer to supplier....so, I need to back up my contacts etc, are these stored in the actual phone, OR more hopefully backed up into the micro SD card? I can read the card but can't find anything that resembles a table of contacts, can anyone help please?

Add in here my computer does not see my phone when connected by a known good usb cable.

Salutary warning here, to all users of these until now excellent little phones, please back up you phone before you get to the stage where you are trying to recover your phone.....luckily I have managed to recover photos etc, some video I have but can't find these contacts, best regards OGHF_Master_Simon

Advertisement