Technical problem, possibly fubar'edSupport

1. savannah996

savannah996 New Member

Well I started off with a perfectly fine unmodified MT. I replaced a cracked screen and started having problems. (the screen is working fine now)

1. The battery indicator and battery app. both say the battery is at 100% all day until the phone shuts down.
    2. When I plug it in, it wont stay turned on, (battery at 0%).
    3. If I pull the battery and put it back in, it will charge but does so too fast, (like 1 hour) which is not normal. And this charger has always worked fine. The battery does not get hot either.
    4. IT will hold the 100% charge for like 6 hours then shut off in which I have to repeat the process. WTF!

Advertisement
  2. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well I would say that there is either a problem with the phone or the battery... If it's the phone there isn't much you can do since you voided the warranty... If it is the battery you can see if you can get a replacement battery from VM...
  3. savannah996

savannah996 New Member

Warranty? lol.

Update.
    When I put another battery in that was at 80% my phone read 5% then over the next few minutes slowly read higher. I think up to 20 something. However I didnt wait all day to see of it would finally catch up.

Then when I put my batt in the other phone it read 97% and when I put it back in my phone it read 5%. IT also did the same thing. started reading higher, slowly moved up to 26%.
  4. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Either there is something wrong with your phone, or there is a calibration problem. You can try downloading a battery calibration app (which you will most likely need root for). But I don't know what else it could be. And the warranty I was talking about is all MT comes with a 1 year warranty from VM which you can get a replacement if there are any problems, but it's been talking apart therefore voiding your warranty.