Teething problems - G2 Touch, T Mobile

Last Updated:

1. MooMa

MooMa Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Have had my Hero since Friday, and so far i'm loving it :D - apart from a couple of minor teething problems, which i hope you can advise me on. I apologise if these questions have been answered before - i have done a thorough search (of the web, too!) but not found exactly what i'm looking for.

My main problem seems to be with Peep - i like the interface and would be more than happy to use it as opposed to downloading another app, but it seems to be very temperamental with the updates/notifications. I have it set to update/notify me every 15 minutes - which it doesn't. And when i go into Peep myself, (even if i do a manual refresh) it rarely gets the latest tweets. I downloaded Twitdroid to try, but this force closed about 4 times before i got fed up and uninstalled it!

There seems to be an annoying lag on the phone too - reading about, it seems this MAY have something to do with being logged into Peep?

Should i do a ROM upgrade - would this help? Build number is 1.76.110.6 (if i'm looking at the right thing!)

Oh, and apparently my hubby texted me a few hours ago, too - this hasn't come through either!

Thank you in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. bunt83

bunt83 Well-Known Member

Upgrade your ROM ASAP!!

The official T-mobile ROM upgrade is available from their website.

All of your lag issues and missing text messages will disappear! :)

Once you've upgraded your build number should be 2.73.xx.xx.xxx

Hope this helps...

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Have a read the thread in my signature yet? :p

I wouldn't use peep to be honest, its not very good. Have a look for twitterride, i use this and its great.

Other possible options are swift, seesmic and i'd give twidroid another go once you've updated to the latest rom.

4. MooMa

lekky - yes, i did read that, thank you.

bunt83, will upgrade the ROM as soon as i can.

5. MooMa

Right - I've upgraded my ROM and the lag seems to have gone.

Am now using TwitterRide but notifications seem a bit temperamental - as do notifications for email :(

I also seem to have a small problem with Google Maps - 'my location' says i am about 2 miles from where i actually am! Any ideas?

Thank you

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

If you haven't got gps switched on, your location is a 'best guess' derived from which cell transmitters you're connected to (and their relative powers). The weather app is similar - it uses network location and when i'm at home it informs me I'm between 2 and 3 miles from where I live :rolleyes:

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Its also to do with the satellites. For instance when I turn off GPS at work, it guesses my location better than when i turn GPS on. And to confirm this isn't Hero specific the same thing happens on friends (non-android) phones too.

8. MooMa

Thanks guys. I just thought it was odd, as in the first couple of days it picked up my location dead on.

Thanks guys - now to update the ROM on hubbys Hero (yes, his and hers!) - slightly frustrating that T-Mobile are shipping them without the update!