Tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Last Updated:

1. Justify

Justify Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running CyanogenMod since rooting my Evo, but I would really like to try out some of the other awesome roms I keep reading about. Using ROM Manager, I flashed "Myu Warm Treats For Android". It's a great rom, but I kept getting some kind of "media-process-error" over and over. I tried fixing permissions with Rom Manager, but it wouldn't fix it, so I flashed recovery back to Cyanogen. After a while, I flashed Baked Snack and the same thing happened again. I don't get what the problem is. Someone told me that I may have not done a full wipe, and that may have caused the errors, but I figured the ROM Manager would have taken care of all that. So, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated. :)

*Aside from the "media-process-error" I got, I also got another error relating to MMS messages. I don't know if the two are related or not.

Advertisement
  2. Norwester

Norwester Well-Known Member

Are you downloading thru Rom manager? I've had better luck downloading the rom at xda and then moving the file to my sd card.

3. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

You can download the roms with your phone. That's what I usually do. You just have to move it out of the downloads folder and put it on the root of the sdcard then flash like normal.

Try flashing the roms in recovery instead of through rom manager.

4. Justify

Yes,I am downloading through Rom Manager. That's the only way I really knowhow to flash a rom so far.

5. Justify

I'm not really sure how to do that. The last time I tried doing anything like that, I almost bricked my phone. Is there a thread anywhere out there with step-by-step instructions on how to do that?

6. Norwester

Norwester Well-Known Member