Tell me why to switch from DroidMod to...

Last Updated:

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting pretty impatient with DroidMod and am starting to get bored with my Droid (running DM1.0), especially with the Incredible just around the corner. Can somebody give me any good reason(s) to switch to a new ROM? And maybe while you're at it, recommend the best kernel. I'm looking for a good balance between performance and battery life. I want better battery life than stock, and better performance...I know, it's asking a lot!

Current Stats:
    ROM: DroidMod 1.0
    CPU Speed: 800-1000
    Long Bench (inside SetCPU): @1000 = 752
    Short Bench: 225
    Launcher: Helix
    Screens: 3
    Widgets: Weather, Calendar, GTasks, Power, Battery, Gmail Count, Handcent Count

Advertisement
  2. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

When I first rooted I was running DroidMod, once I switched to Bugless Beast I never looked back. I am currently running CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 NexTheme and could not be happer. No issues, no F/C, it just works. Battery life is great, like I said no issues. Another great ROM is NexBeast (love it too). Don't get me wrong DroidMod is a nice ROM it's just to plain for me (now).

Current Stats:
    ROM: CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 NexTheme
    Kernel: bekit LV 1.1GHZ
    JIT: Enabled
    CPU Speed: 700 - 1100
    Short Bench: 145 - 160
    Long Bench: 265 - 275
    Launcher2: 5 Screens

3. Timaphillips

Waiting for my Titanium activation key right now to go from DroidMod to Cyanogenmod.

4. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i loved bugless beast that was my first after droid mod now im on fabs NexTheme based rom and that runs smooth and great battery life running it with chevys kernel at 1.0

5. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

I also started with sholesmod after root, then to droidmod and it just got boring and laggy. The battery life was not the best, i got plenty of force closes and it was just time for something else. I was a religious follower of droidmod but got tired of the drama and boring things they kept writing on their forums, everything but what they were really working on in the next rom. Not sure if i will ever go back, im running cyanogen5.0.5.4, about to try a new one in a few days, but this one has been great and rarely force closes and batt life is great.

6. Timaphillips

That. Was. Painful!

Took me a few hours, but successfully switched to CyanogenModand a P3 low v kernel. Titanium Backup sent me the registration key halfway through installation, so I had to reinstall my apps manually. Still can't get the activation key to register. Can someone here tell me how to do this? I also have an email to the developer as the instructions weren't too clear.

7. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

That's why I always told people that the free version "works" but the donate version is MUCH faster! lol

If you are having problems...make sure that the license file the dev sent you is in the root directory on your sd card...go to the market, and uninstall TiBu...and then reinstall it. That should fix your problem.

8. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

Its worth every cent.

9. Droidmaniac

Droidmaniac Active Member

Where do you go to get this?
    I'm following your lead.
    I'm burnt out on DroidMod as well.:cool:

10. CalledFollower

CalledFollower Well-Known Member

Rom manager on the market will let you install cyanogenmod.

I'm not sure if the free version will let you download kernels though.

11. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yea you can download kernels with the free version. Just gotta put it into advanced/developer mode.