1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tell us if you got your ICS update and how do you like it?General

1. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shockey62

Shockey62 Member

This so awesome! My day just got 10 times better. As soon as I get the update I will edit my post. Thanks for the article! :D

So is there anything we should to to prepare for the update? Like will it delete all my data that isn't on an SD card? Just curious
  3. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Just saw the announcement! Slightly disappointed it isn't jelly bean, But I guess beggars can't be choosers.
  4. xxwhynotxx

xxwhynotxx Well-Known Member

Woohoo!

I've never updated, is there anything I need to know about updating?

Also, what all will this get us?
  5. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

NO Fair, they say you can iniate the update with the support tool today instead of waiting, doesn't work yet as of 8:15pm eastern.......I also saw where they tweaked flash player for ICS but everyone else is complaining that ICS breaks Flash player....Oh well I waited this long, guess I can just keep trying till it allows me to get it......
  6. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Can somebody post it as soon as they get it. I would like to experiment with it on my connect.
  7. fatdaddysnacks

fatdaddysnacks Well-Known Member

No the tool is for tomorrow too its just the way the push the its everyone doesnt get it at one time so if you don't want to wait until its your phones turn for the its you can use the tool once its available
  8. xxwhynotxx

Will it be available at midnight?

Any reason not to update?
  9. fatdaddysnacks

And why not you dent need to do anything but have space available on your phone and have enough battery life to get through it other than that you just sit back and let your phone do the wprk
  10. fatdaddysnacks

I don't think they put out a time frame but if its coming tomorrow it could be anytime.of the day that's how it was when I was waiting for its on my tablet
  11. fatdaddysnacks

And for its breaking flash player. I only have 1 device with its on it but i only use flash for the browser on my soon and never had an issue
  12. xxwhynotxx

Should I do a complete backup through nandroid first just in case?
  13. fatdaddysnacks

I don't know about all that but you usually lose root afyer update but all the data stays
  14. fatdaddysnacks

Someone else on here can tell you more about it than I can though
  15. xxwhynotxx

Should I download as soon as I get up tomorrow or see what you all think and get it in the evening?
  16. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

not trying to sound stupid but if we're rooted I don't think we'll be prompted for the update right? we have to unroot or return to stock?

whenever I try to check for an update I get an unexpected error/FC so I'm assuming thats what happens with root?
  17. fatdaddysnacks

No I'm rooted and doubt happen to me
  18. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

what about unrooting or returning to stock in order to receive the update?
  19. dty06

dty06 Member

Well it's after midnight EST and I am currently unable to get the new update. Neither the phone's update check nor the LG software is finding any update. Not getting any errors either. I suppose it's just a matter of waiting until Verizon decides to make it available.
  20. zorbatgreek

zorbatgreek New Member

Was my birthday today. Thought Verizon got me a special something. Here it is, 12:30, no update yet. Tried update tool and on the phone. Will keep trying :) excited to check out the performance.
  21. xxwhynotxx

I was able to get it through the software for my comp. now, but it said that it would stop me from hard reseting back to what my phone came with, which I don't want to do.

So waiting for it to go OTA I guess.

I just want to be able to go back in case they screwed up or battery is bad or something.
  22. fatdaddysnacks

lol i havent got anything yet lucky you, are you rooted??
  23. fatdaddysnacks

and what usb mode were you in i dont know if that would make a difference anyway
  24. xxwhynotxx

Not rooted.

And either ethernet or USB debugging. I think ethernet.

Is it possible for the update tool to overwrite the ROM to delete the 2.x.x that came on my phone?
  25. xxwhynotxx

Wierd now computer says up to date?