Tell us if you got your ICS update and how do you like it?General

Last Updated:

1. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Ha ha. You guys are awesome staying up like that. :) Tried this AM both OTA and PC. No luck yet.

Advertisement
  2. fatdaddysnacks

fatdaddysnacks Well-Known Member

i work over night :p
  3. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

Nothing as of 8:50 am EST
  4. CoreyOli

CoreyOli Well-Known Member

Will being rooted cause issues getting the upgrade?
  5. fatdaddysnacks

On my other devices I haven't had issues with rooting not letting you upgrade . only time I had an issue was when I had flashed a different Rom or deleted system applications but as far as root on a lucid doubt know if it will mess it up or not
  6. cpupeli1

I returned to stock just in case because when I was rooted I kept getting fc's when I tried checking the update
  7. fatdaddysnacks

after un rooting do you still get the force closes?? i have my lucid rooted and i havent got any force closes when checking for update. if i need to i will unroot cause the upgrade will break root anyway if it does take it
  8. fatdaddysnacks

well you said returned to stock did you have a custom rom on your phone??
  9. CoreyOli

Yeah I've had lots of other Android devices that never caused issues with root... But never an LG...
  10. fatdaddysnacks

i had an lg thrill but never got an update before i got rid of it
  11. dty06

dty06 Member

I'm still getting nothing. Almost noon EST. Neither the phone's check for updates nor the PC software are finding any update. I *am* rooted, dunno if that matters though.
  12. fatdaddysnacks

I don't think it would with at least showing an update available but they said today but that could be anytime today when they put out the date for my soon its upgrade awhile ago the update actually took a week to get to everyone but it start rolling out on the day they said it would I had to end up manually installing it from a image of it wa put online
  13. blumeany

Just received a e-mail notification of a post on the LG support site. Person says that the ICS update will actually consist of two separate updates - FWIW.
  14. blumeany

BOOM! Just forced an OTA and I have my first Software Update!

Let's hope rooting doesn't blow it up. :D
  15. blumeany

Grrr. Looks like the root or CWM might be killing the update. Ran the first update and rebooted, but phone just shut off. Powered back on and got the android screen with the bar going across the bottom, but the update failed. Rebooting now to see what's up.

Yep. Software update failed. I'll need to unroot methinks.

UPDATE: Download with LG software is working now. I'll try that before unrooting. Will lose some data, but I've done that enough before. :)
  16. fatdaddysnacks

Just got mine its going.to install now
  17. fatdaddysnacks

I got it ota
  18. cpupeli1

I just refreshed and got a 5.7mb download?? Anyone else get this
  19. blumeany

I'm trying Gingerbreak to unroot, since the download was going slow. :)

Edit: Gingerbreak didn't work, but luckily I still have the unroot tool (Based off the spectrum) to use. Trying that now.
  20. fatdaddysnacks

yeah i got an error on the ota im doing it with the computer now downloaded the software and i have 7 minutes left so hopefully that works
  21. cpupeli1

Downloading a 384mb file now crossing my fingers for ICS
  22. CoreyOli

Mine failed (5mb) so I defrosted all the shit I froze and it still froze... Think maybe a factory reset?
  23. fatdaddysnacks

mines working i got it with the vzw upgrade tool

**i was rooted**
  24. CoreyOli

Upgrade tool?
  25. xxwhynotxx

xxwhynotxx Well-Known Member

I just tried the 5.7, seems like maybe not the right thing to do? We'll see, installing now.

Also, if you update with the update tool on the computer, doesn't it erase everything, as well as make it so you can't hard reset back to gingerbread, in case this update has terrible problems or something?