Tell us if you got your ICS update and how do you like it?General

1. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Cool. If it works for you can you show coned miro how to unbrick? He just made a new thread for support and i gotta head out real quick.
    coned_miro likes this.
  2. xxwhynotxx

xxwhynotxx Well-Known Member

You missed the last post on the last page, airtioteclint
  3. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Downloaded the cab again, and I think I've gotten past the extract error. Seeing if it will go through now.
  4. airtioteclint

5. blumeany

6. xxwhynotxx

Hey all,

anyone know is there a way to have it so I have to use a pattern to unlock every 30 minutes but otherwise its just the slide to unlock?
  7. phillip_viado

phillip_viado Well-Known Member

I'm trying to update to the 5mb file but after it reboots it says update fail. I'm on stock not root
  8. fatdaddysnacks

fatdaddysnacks Well-Known Member

Are you pulling it ota or using the upgrade tool pn the computer?
  9. phillip_viado

phillip_viado Well-Known Member

I'm pulling the ota
  10. fatdaddysnacks

Try it on the computer
  11. xxwhynotxx

OTA worked for me!
  12. dty06

dty06 Member

I'm downloading the update now, but it seems to be 628 MB, which is much larger than the 387 MB everyone else seems to be getting. Well...here goes nothing.
  13. blumeany

First impressions: slow, clumsy. Hoping it smooths out a little bit. Particularly when I'm going to remove icons from the screen. Screen gets all shaky and then launches a couple programs I didn't even want to open. :D
  14. fatdaddysnacks

It does its still ""settlin"" in right now
  15. blumeany

fatdaddy - did you have to re-root after your upgrade? If so, how did you do it? I'm trying to run the rooting tool I have and it's not working.
  16. xxwhynotxx

I want to say yes he did.
  17. fatdaddysnacks

Yes i did i posted a link to the method i used in the all things root sub forum
  18. coned_miro

coned_miro Active Member

Even after all the downloading, converting and flashing -> It still boots to the LG Logo, flashes, there's another LG Logo, it hangs, then turns black.

So I'm pretty much SOL then?
  19. fatdaddysnacks

No im sure theres a way to fix its always easier if we knew exactly what you did and if there was someore development for the phone
  20. fatdaddysnacks

You might even want to go to the connect forum they seem to have more devs and its pretty much the same phone. Just hang in there dont give up
  21. coned_miro

coned_miro Active Member

lol I'm not, I'm going to try the software update via PC again and see if I can't trick it into working-> it's already downloaded the file and is Updating right now
  22. coned_miro

coned_miro Active Member

Nope:

saw the Android and the blue progress bar, went to [LG], went black with backlight on
  23. fatdaddysnacks

Does it reboot or just stay on black screen?
  24. airtioteclint

Strange. The kdz method was the only one i knew of not owning a lucid myself that had a chance. Maybe somebody else can think of something.

You can always take your pbone to the store and telm them something went wrong during their update. Which is true. Lol they gotta replace it for you.
    coned_miro and fatdaddysnacks like this.
  25. coned_miro

coned_miro Active Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMqLfq7Tm08

That is a video showing what the Lucid does from plugged in, not turned on to turned on.

It starts, tries to install an update, and then shows LG and flashes to a black screen with the backlight - I just took that video and teh Lucid is next to me still plugged in, still on the black/backlight screen