1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

telnet app

Last Updated:

1. martinsr555

martinsr555 Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a way to use wifi on my moto droid to telnet into a computer, router, or switch on my local network. Generally Cisco devices but that shouldn't really make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Blrfl

Blrfl Well-Known Member

ConnectBot.

--Mark

3. martinsr555

Thanks for the reply. I tried connectbot yesterday and everytime I tried to connect to a specific hostname it returned an error and if I tried an IP address (which I'd prefer) it worked for a few min until the program came up with options to force close or wait. If I wait it eventually. Asks me again and again endlessly. I will spend some more time with it I guess. I have no problem using a PC to telnet in so I know its not device settings. Again thank you for your time.

4. onezero1010101

onezero1010101 New Member

I use connectbot on droid, runs flawlessly. Use it to telnet to cisco switches, as well as ssh to my linux box when I am outside my network, to hit my internal switches. What phone you crashing on?

5. martinsr555

I have not yet tried the SSH capabilities of ConnectBot yet although I intend to. I will try to use telnet on a switch when I get back to work I guess but I was hoping to have everything sorted out while I am still at home.

That being said, I still cannot seem to figure out how to telnet into any of my computers at home, I cannot even get past the connecting to 192.168.1.4:23 screen ever. I don't have a clue what I am doing wrong, everything seems like it is set up right it just doesn't connect. I have added exceptions in my firewall and even port forwarding on my wireless router.

Something tells me that I am going to kick myself when I find out that it is something simple I am overlooking...

Again thanks in advance for any help.

***update***

So after 4 restarts and every setting change, and then changed back, everything is working fine. Still have no idea what was going on but maybe I just needed to restart my PC and phone several times before they would like me.