1. Bandaid

Bandaid Well-Known Member

You can find ::darkside::super::wipe here.:D

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

3. Zaragosa

Zaragosa New Member

After following several links (for Ice Cream Sandwich theme) I end up arriving at Vertumus World. On his in the downloads section under themes/ice cream sandwich there is listed:

Ice Cream Sandwich Domination: Latest Version 4.5, Latest Version 2.0.3...

Are any of these themes compatible with Mr.X's rom? If so which would be the one to use? Clicking on either link on brings me to a listing with several different versions of ICS with links named: ICS Domination v4.5... LP9 Universal.zip, LPD_LPF_LPG Universal.zip, etc.. kinda confusing as to which one is needed.

Vertumus World URL: https://sites.google.com/site/vertumusworld/downloads/Themes/Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Domination

I am a Telus user with Mr. X rom.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
  4. MenaceInc

MenaceInc Member

Thanks for your tips/link.

I did have to go from the beginning because I lost "install zip from SD card" from "recovery" menu (vol.up & power). ADfree was only the app work with already installed SU 3.0.7. I then installed 3.0.3.2 binary per your link.

Everything is working fine now. My phone seems to run quicker with ICS.

5. josh6025

josh6025 Member

I've got the same issue with my GS2, prior to ICS I was using the Mr X ROM and now when I try to reboot or power off my buttons stay lit up and the only way to reboot is to hold the power button down for 10-15s or pull the battery.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

For the system hanging issue flash Darkside Cache Wipe in recovery. Link is a few posts up.
    josh6025 likes this.
  7. josh6025

josh6025 Member

Thanks I'll give it a try when I get a root and ROM for my phone.
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

If you aren't rooted then just try to go to recovery and 'wipe cache partition'. It might help.
  9. sgsftw

sgsftw Member

I'm having trouble editing files in /system. All folder managers aren't able to mount the folder. And if I try to save the edited file it just says error . assuming it is in read only mode. Is there like some special way to do it. Do I need to plug in usb or anything..

Another thing i cannot do is install busybox,both of the busybox installers in Play always fails to install.i think it also has somethign to do with having now write acces to /system

PLS help
  10. Cabanon

Cabanon Member

so just to be clear before i go ahead. i have the Mr X rom and im rooted.

do i need to go back to original state before upgrading to ICS ? or can i go ahead and update from this custom rom ?

is rooting available with ICS ? i believe so from last page but just wanna be sure. thanks !

also, Kies is garbage, i can't install it on my old pc and it's not working on my wife's laptop after a re-format while it worked before. WTF !!!
  11. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You'll need to be stock rom before upgrading to stock ICS. Since your already running a custom rom, you could always flash a custom ICS rom too. Yes, ICS can be rooted.
  12. Cabanon

Cabanon Member

oh, what is the best ICS custom rom available right now ? Mr X rom is very light right now and i love it.
  13. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Probably one of the Darkside roms. You can look through them here. I only see one for Telus if you have that phone.
  14. Cabanon

Cabanon Member

thank you, i should have checked there as Mr X made a ICS tweak like 3 weeks ago. will update tonight !

after a buttload of research, i managed to install Mr X ICS rom. it took longer than it should but oh well im done now.

i flashed the radio, than i flashed the rom. but you need to flash the rom TWICE or else it will bootloop.
  15. elfere

elfere Member

First: Thanks for this guide. it was very helpful.

I have a problem though:
    Running sgh-t989d,
    android 4.0.3,
    baseband version t989dtlle4
    kernel 3.0.8 ...
    build iml74k. tlle4

Superuser 3.0.7 installed fine. but it won't give me app access, upgrade, or anything useful.

Is my inability to get superuser to work because I have ICS installed? if so, can i just downgrade to gingerbread again? (and once ICS gets itself together reinstall it?)

i'd be happier if there was an ICS superuser - - - even if ICS seems to be slower then gingerbread.
  16. McBaconHD

McBaconHD New Member

I am having trouble with step 4. After i plug in my phone a menu asking if i want to install as a USB drive does not pop up. What do i do?
  17. ls1geezer

ls1geezer Member

Hi Guys, I'm running ICS on my Galaxy S2 Telus T989D. Things are running fine but I wish to use my Titanium Pro to freeze some bloat.How do I root now. I had no problem rooting with Gingerbread but asume ICS needs a different aproach.
    Many thanks.
  18. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You can root ICS the same way. Use this superuser file instead.
  19. RoboticOtter

RoboticOtter Active Member

Is Mr. X rom considered a stock Rom? Or will I have to re-flash back to the teus one listed here?
  20. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I haven't tried Mr. X, but if you are talking about this one, yes it looks like its rooted stock ICS.
  21. RoboticOtter

Ya thats the one, only im not on ICS. Im looking to update to it. Mine is a GB ROM I guess? Im on GB anyways. 2.3.5
  22. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Are you rooted with clockworkmod recovery or you on stock Telus unrooted Gingerbread?

The stock at the link has to be flashed with CWM.
  23. RoboticOtter

Ya im rooted with CWM recovery. I followed this guide exactly to the Tee. Everything is fine I just want to get ICS now.
  24. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ok, I was reading through that thread and you will need to flash the radio first and then the rom. Just do a factory reset and wipe everything first.
  25. RoboticOtter

flash the radio? sorry im new at this haha. If you could link me to what your refuring too that would be awesome! :D