Telus HTC Desire 2.2 FM Radio ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. vcs1988

vcs1988 New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if i'm the only one.. but i can only access the Japan Mode in the FM Radio. Only frequencies from low 70s to high 80s mhz range. I have researched online, here and have only found the opposite, which is the Japan Mode is missing. I update to 2.2 yesterday.

Advertisement
  2. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta and updated to the Telus 2.2 two nights ago. I just tested my FM Radio after reading this post and it works fine for me. I'm able to get all the local radio stations.
    Did you do a Factory Reset after updating to the 2.2? I had to do one because my Market wasn't opening after I'd updated. Perhaps this is a similar issue as the FM radio not working properly.

3. vcs1988

No... I have not tried to do a factory reset, but if I can't find another solution.. I will, I just want to have the headache of setting up everything again.

4. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

It doesn't take that long honestly. All your contacts get saved in your gmail (check to be sure) then really it's just a matter of downloading your apps and moving your widgets around.

There is an app called MyBackup (it's free for 30 days) that (you guessed it) backs up everything and saves it in the sd card. Then once you do the reset redownload the app again and use the "restore" feature to put everything back. It doesn't do apps, but it will do everything else.

5. vcs1988

Cool.... thanks for the help... i was more worried about replacing all the widgets and all my data than the actual apps.