Telus Mobile Network problems on HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. pennyandrusty

pennyandrusty Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm on Telus and have an HTC Desire (in Vancouver)
    Last night, I noticed problems connecting using the mobile network.
    Wifi still works, i can text and receive and send phone calls but nothing for mobile network.
    Tried it at work today and still same problem (so not just a problem with service in my area). Called Telus and they said I should have service in my area and they weren't sure what the problem was.

Tried removing the battery and rebooting. Tried removing sim card and putting it back in.

I used to have the Extended Controls app installed on my Desire but it was acting buggy since the last update - not sure if that caused it. I uninstalled the app and looked over the network settings and they seemed fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be or how to solve it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

That does that to my phone as well. Extended controls seems to cause issues between wi-fi and data network option since the latest update. I use the milestone so I'm now going to assume it's an android issue. I just restore the old one with Titanium back up.

3. pennyandrusty

pennyandrusty Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Haven't heard back from the Telus people so I just did a factory reset and the data is working again... now I just have to get things back to the way I wanted it before... need to look into getting a backup app.

4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Titanium backup is the best I've seen! Totally worth buying or even the free version works well you just can't freeze apps.