1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Temperature display in notification bar--which app is this?

1. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

So I've installed WeatherBug and OpenHome, and one of those two (I think) gives me a temperature notifier in the notification bar, so that when there's no other notifications, the temp is there instead. I really like that feature! However, when I hit TasKiller, the temp disappears. Sometimes it comes back on its own, and sometimes I have to reboot and it'll come back.

Anyone know which app is responsible for this, and how I can make the temp reliably come back without having to reboot? I've tried having TasKiller ignore both WeatherBug (I don't have the WB desktop widget running though) and OpenHome, but it still disappears.

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

it must be weather bug, I have the header temp and only weather bug installed. I haven't seen it go away. perhaps you killed it and it comes back when it updates. oh, don't kill the task, that's why it goes away...
  3. karimarie

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Yes, I know things go away when I kill them. I have it set to "ignore" in TasKiller though, so it shouldn't kill it. Also, when I reopen WeatherBug, the temperature display in the notification bar doesn't always come back. Hence my question.
  4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

the weather channel. I think its the app cause I deleted the widget. if you let it kill the app though the notification goes away.
  5. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

yer welcome and now you're on your own captain gracious.
    wolftickets likes this.
  6. eraser

eraser Well-Known Member

It's weatherbug. It's the only weather app I have installed, it displays the current temperature in the notification bar. I love that feature.
  7. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

ditto...:D
  8. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

The "Beautiful Widgets" app just added this feature in the last update.
  9. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

the weather channel has the feature as well, it also posts notifications for weather notices like flood advisories, etc. and turns the notification icon red to indicate the advisory.
  10. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

I couldn't figure out how to turn notifications on with weather channel app on the droid...that's why i upgraded to the weather bug elite...
  11. karimarie

That's what I thought. So why doesn't the temp notification come back when I restart WeatherBug, and why does it go away in the first place if I have WB set to "Ignore" in TasKiller?
  12. slik33

slik33 New Member

If you long tap on one of the locations in your weather channel app list and set it as home it will show up in the notification bar with that temp.
  13. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

WeatherBug has always done this. I don't even use the widget, I just keep it on my phone for the statusbar notification. Love it. I didn't realize that Beautiful Widgets had added that feature though. Guess I can drop weatherbug now.
  14. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm using BW for this feature.
  15. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

I just dumped BW for Weatherbug. I dont need the big clock as I have one in the notification tab. I like the current temp in the notification tab as well!
  16. JYo

JYo Active Member

Thank you! This is great. I'm so new to all of this, it's one more nifty thing on my Droid