temperature?Support

1. aBukLau

aBukLau New Member

Hi guys. I just got my contract with ATT for my S4 active few weeks ago.

I did two factory reset. One soft, Factory Data Reset from "Backup and Reset", and another hard reset, from the recovery menu.

I've been playing Samurai vs Zombie a lots for past few days, which make me realize how dam hot my screen is.

So after searching online I found the code *#0*# provide you with the device temperature, and I record the following CPU temperature on my device.

!! Recorded from outdoor on a sunny 70'F day !!

Idle with no background apps : Around 43-46 'C
    Few apps and playing SvZ : Around 55-58 'C

Is this temperature range normal ? I'm about to return to the store and get a replacement if not.

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

That's pretty hot, around 130 degrees F. How long was you playing? What was the screen brightness on? Do you have a case on?
  3. aBukLau

aBukLau New Member

Usually I feel the heat after 5~15mins of playing. I set my brightness to auto as always, and no case.
    Should I get a regular S4 instead if I'm looking for replacement ?
  4. lilC

lilC Active Member

If the game you play has an option to put lower quality graphics on I would, even tho we all want the best graphics possible ,but dam 130
  5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

no its to be expected if you playing games for extended periods of time and outside in the sun. yes its hot, but the phone will downclock itself when it reaches extreme temperatures so i doubt it will fry itself, low 50c should be fine, the mid 50s is definitely pushing it, but i kinda doubt exchanging will help out much
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think you've got the battery's temperature because your phone's Li-Ion battery is the most sensitive component of the phone, not the processor.
    The limit for Li-Ion batteries is 60C (140F).

Harry
  7. aBukLau

aBukLau New Member

The temperature I recorded was listed as AP, which I learned has to the processor temperature, and I saw another list of temp listed under BATT, so I'm sure I have to right CPU temp. I don't really feel the battery heated as much as the upper part of my screen.

I did another indoor temp test, and I still hit around 55 while gaming, 50 when browsing, 43 when idle.
    Any heavy apps user or gamer have this issue of heating? Or might I have a defective unit ?
  8. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

If you want to see temps on the Galaxy S4 go insane, enable screen mirroring with the allshare dongle and play a game. It can get very hot under the right conditions.

That said normally it's fine, just a bit warm.
  9. aBukLau

aBukLau New Member

I mean if it's warm like around 50c I have no problem. But nearly 60c is hot, and it really bother my sensitive skin with a slight touch.
    How is the temperature on S4 for you guys ? When running apps and idle ?
    I'm having a feel that my unit is defective with such high temp on usage.