• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help temperature?

aBukLau

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
Hi guys. I just got my contract with ATT for my S4 active few weeks ago.

I did two factory reset. One soft, Factory Data Reset from "Backup and Reset", and another hard reset, from the recovery menu.

I've been playing Samurai vs Zombie a lots for past few days, which make me realize how dam hot my screen is.

So after searching online I found the code *#0*# provide you with the device temperature, and I record the following CPU temperature on my device.

!! Recorded from outdoor on a sunny 70'F day !!

Idle with no background apps : Around 43-46 'C
Few apps and playing SvZ : Around 55-58 'C

Is this temperature range normal ? I'm about to return to the store and get a replacement if not.

The temperature I recorded was listed as AP, which I learned has to the processor temperature, and I saw another list of temp listed under BATT, so I'm sure I have to right CPU temp. I don't really feel the battery heated as much as the upper part of my screen.

I did another indoor temp test, and I still hit around 55 while gaming, 50 when browsing, 43 when idle.
Any heavy apps user or gamer have this issue of heating? Or might I have a defective unit ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones