Temporarily disabling lock screen

Last Updated: 2013-02-02 12:02:55
  1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I have used the Pin option, pattern option, and no unlock code at all on my Droid, just as background to my question.

I like the first two I mentioned, but I want to quickly disable the lock screen when I drive. I mount my phone on a bracket and have it hooked into my car charger and a headphone cable hooked into my stereo for Pandora, calls, etc. I certainly don't play with my phone while driving, text, or even hold it.

The reason why I want this is if I am using Pandora (autolock off so the screen stays on) and I get a call, the screen will be off after the call ends, and needs unlocking again. I don't like having to unlock it with anything other than a quick swipe to the right while driving that I don't even need to look at.

Is there any way to quickly disable or enable a screen lock without going through all the settings?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You could try something like Tasker / Locale to set up a profile for when the device is in the car dock / when you're moving (according to GPS) faster than a certain speed, and then have it enable / disable the no lock code....
    gloriousnumber1 likes this.
  3. APlusPlusApps

APlusPlusApps New Member

Hi, I know this is an old thread..

Have a look at "Temporary Lock Pro" on the Android 'Play" market.

It provides two widgets that easily allows the selection of 'No Lock' (Swipe style) or 'PIN-Lock' as required.. (Using a preset 4-6 digit PIN.)

Temporary Lock on the Android market (click here)
  4. APlusPlusApps

APlusPlusApps New Member