Temporarily Droid-less!!!!

Last Updated:

1. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

*Shakes like coke fiend* There is no emoticon heart-tearing enough to portray my despair. No Droid. No Droid. Yeah, so I managed to kill my Droid. Flew outta my coat pocket right into a brick pillar then crashed to the concrete. Bless my Accidental Damage from Handling warranty; I'll be able to get another soon, but every second scrapes along my neurons and drags through my synapses. And to think, I was just about to root my phone. At least I didn't send it in to my warranty people for the crackly headphone, as I doubt I could send it in twice in 3 months.
    So now I'm using my old, crappy dumb phone, whilst I wait for the capricious insurance gods to (hopefully) smile down upon me. Shed a tear, my friends, for my Droid that water couldn't kill, but the bricks sure could. And shed a tear for me, Droid-less and fearful, lost in the valley of darkness (whereby darkness= an LG EnV) All I have left to hold is my tiny SD card, but it's not the same.
    It's not the same...

Advertisement
    Corinacakes and messenger13 like this.
  2. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Holy crap -- you got it bad!
    How long till you get a replacement? I know that without the Droid, every second seems an eternity. For now, try shifting your mental imagery to puppies frolicking in a field of wheat grass, soaring eagles, or Jillian Micheals doing sit-ups.
    If things really get ugly, you may be able to get to a Verizon store and stroke one of the display models. I'm sure that the store reps will understand your need for a temporary Droid-fix.
    Just hang on, man. Hang on.
    You'll get through this!

3. megaera

I. Don't. Know. And it's slowly eviscerating me.

Hmmm...not gonna work for me. Maybe the puppies. Nope, not enough. I'll just have to hope my regular happy place can get me through:
    Ohm. Weapons, jewelry, shoes. Ohm. Weapons, jewelry, shoes. Ohm.
    Not sure how long I can keep this up.

4. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

I think they need to come out with a support group for this.

5. megaera

They do say the first step is admitting you're an addict. The problem is, I've got no desire to recover. Honestly if I could jack the internet into my head, I probably would. So....much...information... *drools*

6. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

smoke some crack, that should help you calm down a bit

7. jetpirana

jetpirana New Member

My Eris Has zero 3g as well. Noticed as I drove away from my house and lost wifi signal :(

8. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Stray post... quick, grab a net!

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I think we need to start a Droiders Anonymous group for Droid Addicts like us :D

10. megaera

Face it; if being a Droid Addict is wrong, none of us wants to be right!

11. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

* cue dramatic music

It would be easy for some to cry out, "You murderer!!! :mad: You cruel, cruel, irresponsible person!". But I say "NAY"! Yes ... "nay". For this is not a time of anger and hate. We must band together to lift up the fallen. We must come together as one, to help those in desperate times. In a time of need. In a time of loss. In a time of ... deep sorrow. You, my fellow DROID owner, shall rise up once again and be victorious. To be one, once again united with the Kings ... the Royalty ... the upper echelon of the smart-phone society. And with that new DROID you shall feel sorrow no more. You shall walk in these fields of gold. And ... soon my friend, soon you will root that new DROID and explore worlds and galaxies with all of us as we all experience one amazing, collective DROIDgasm.

Stay strong. Keep the faith. Your destiny awaits! :)

Corinacakes and megaera like this.
  12. megaera

Murderer, never! DROID phoneslaughter, yes, to that I will, I must, plead guilty. And oh, how the black and listless screen of my dearly departed DROID haunts me as it sits next to my idiotic, yet indestructible LG.

Now, I merely content myself with idly swyping my fingers across the cold, unfeeling corpse of my phone. Waiting to be admitted back into the hallowed halls of DROIDdom. It's so dark. I can feel the light fading away...

13. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

DA (Just like AA and NA) is for quitters..... :p

14. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Amen brother!

15. dshel61

dshel61 Well-Known Member

Look toward the light! In fact there's an app for that in the Market...it's called DroidLight. Look toward the light!

megaera likes this.
  16. megaera

A light I'd see had I access to the Market right now. Oh well, back to the dark.

17. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Still with ya!
    Weapons, jewelry, shoes.
    Inhale.
    Weapons, jewelry, shows.
    Exhale.
    Ohhhhhhm..............

megaera likes this.
  18. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Poor, poor fellow . . . may the spirit of your departed Droid remain with and comfort you all the days of your life - or at least until your replacement arrives. My Droid and I are currently performing sacred rituals in your name - amen.

19. megaera

Ahhh...there's nothing like a calming mantra. And when that doesn't work, I'm going to get out my weapons, jewelry, and shoes to console myself until I have a new Droid.

20. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

Just checking in on you to see if you are still breathing....

megaera?!?!? MEGAERA?!?!?!?!?!?

21. megaera

Lessee, now, so far I've cleaned my HK, reorganized my jewelry by type sub:metal sub: gemstone, and checked my nice heels for scuffs. I guess all that's left is to sharpen my knives and cruise ebay looking for a nice Droid listing...

22. megaera

Woohoo, my claim is approved! Now all that remains is to send the phone in, have the money transferred, and go buy a new one of ebay. Still...that's so long to be droidless. Curse you quantum mechanics; I want my teleporter NOW!

If this takes too long I could end up on the street in a miniskirt holding up a sign that says "Will date for DROID." Then I'll end up on some daytime talk show with my mascara running down my face as I cry about how I spiraled out of control for the love of a phone, a phone they will then try to take away from me "for my own good" as I scream "COLD. DEAD. HANDS!!!!!!!!"

Hmm....maybe it's time for me to go to sleep, course then I'm going to have to wake up to the alarm on my crappy LG. There's just no way to win.

23. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

You go, girl!
    But I must ask...
    With this divine resolution, does your mind rest or does it dance?
    Has the grieving process of the former been usurped by an ecstatic anticipation of the coming new hotness? You mention sleep, but can the inner calm so necessary for sleep actually dwell where such delicious expectancy pops within you like 4th of July fireworks?

Really, could you sleep if you tried?

On one hand, if you do opt for sleep and find it, there is a chance that happy droid dreams may await...

And on the other, as you pointed out, to be awaken from sultry slumber by that crappy LG... Oh crappers!

Weapons, jewelry, shoes.
    Inhale.
    Weapons, jewelry, shows.
    Exhale.
    Ohhhhhhm..............

24. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I was sitting here for a few minutes wondering why electrical resistance calms you down until I realized what that was supposed to be. :rolleyes:

25. megaera

Actually since I frequently get shocked turning on light switches and opening car doors, I find ohms to be very soothing. :eek: But yeah, I can see where it would get confusing. S'pronounced the same and everything.