• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Temporary DIsable Screen Lock

LetHerDanz

Lurker
Mar 31, 2016
Prior to my recent Marshmallow upgrade I had an app that would allow me to disable the screen lock without changing my lock/pw settings. It was simply a toggle and was very useful for when I am home and don't want to keep inputting my PW. After the upgrade, this app no longer worked and despite trying multiple others, none provide this toggle. So now I have to access the Security settings, enter my pin, disable locking completely and when I leave the house I have to enable locking and redefine my pin. Any better solution fo this?

Thought this was the answer but unfortunately it just doesn't work for me. I have tried the following:
-added/deleted/added my home as a trusted place, including editing the map location
-in Security\Trust agents toggled Smart Lock on/off
-Then I tried using Settings\Location\HTC Location services and linked Home to my home router
It still relocks after 15 minutes whcih is the max I can set

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones