Temporary kill widgets/appsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to kill widgets, apps, and sense for that matter, for a period of time then have a way to restart them.

For example I go to an amusement park and want to make sure i get the whole day out of the phone w/o recharge, can i kill all the widgets etc and just leave it as a "phone" with calling in/out and SMS/MMS stuff, maybe browser, then turn it all back on at the end of the day with out having to start each thing individually?

Advertisement
    load97 likes this.
  2. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Yeah its called "not an android". What you want to do is against everything an android is. Its like asking your broadband internet provider to slow your speeds and kill your service... I understand why you want to do it, but short of airplane mode (which still doesnt kill widgets and apps) there really isnt a way.

3. jlb0305

i'll figure something out... may just have to close widgets manually then open them back up at end of day... i like being able to just flip screens to see texts, facebook updates, etc.

4. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

There should be something like that available. In linux you can kill apps but you can also send them a suspend and resume signal that does i think what you are looking to do. I would think the same signals exist in Android since it's based on the linux kernel. There's hope.

5. Dane1

Dane1 New Member

Can you just put it in airplane mode

6. Primate

Primate Well-Known Member

***Deleted***

7. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Um....why not just turn off your phone until you need to make a call?

8. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

You can install a Task Killer, but speaking from personal experience on my Eris, IMHO, it is better to let Android manage apps and memory.

9. jlb0305

I figured out kinda what I wanted to do. I just saved my scene for normal use when I can charge it during the day with all the widgets etc.

Then I made a scene for travel that has no widgets except for the ones that allow to turn gps, wifi, etc off and on. Also has advance task killer app link but not widget.

This way i kill everything but what I want and can go back to my widgets when I can charge the phone again.

My issue is this is a work/personal phone so I need it on when I go on travel but I won't be near a power source to recharge it. Other thing was when I go on vacation to Disney there's map and ride wait apps i'd wanna use but wouldn't have anywhere to charge the phone while I'm in the park all day.

10. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

it is sad you can't go to the amusement park and have your battery make it through the day :(

11. blafarm

blafarm Active Member