• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tempted to throw this thing against a wall and see how far it bounces

.:R32MKIV

Lurker
Oct 5, 2010
Ok so I got my first droid x two months ago and couldn't have been happier with a phone. I get the 2.2 update and BAM the phone goes to garbage. I don't get 3g where I usually do, my music player pauses itself and then immediately after I hit play the phone freezes, my text typing is lagging and the phone is running painfully slow doing anything.

So I exchange my phone for a brand new one even though it was out of return policy, I got lucky, and it worked great. The new one worked fine after the 2.2 update for a day (yesterday) and today its doing everything the same as before. I have been tempted to break this thing cause of all the trouble its causing me.

I am running out of options and I need my phone to function for school and work. I also did clear the cache.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Did you transfer your memory card from the old phone to the new one? If you did, the problem could be from a corrupted file/filesystem on your card.

Easiest way to test is take the card out and see if your problems go away. Then backup your files on the card to your computer and reformat the card. Then move only essential files and folders back to the card.

Upvote 0
I really don't know if I am going to be able to exchange it again, I already pushed my luck the first time. I might have to call Motorola and see what they have to say.

When it comes to the SD card i didn't transfer anything from my old one for that exact reason, I didn't want any corrupt files coming to the new phone.

My buddy thinks that it is a app too but i really don't know what it could be. The only app i can think of it Vlingo, all of my other apps are bank of america, facebook, aaand that is it actually.

Maybe I'll try the new music player, but that wouldn't fix my text issue.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies

Upvote 0
If all else fail, do a factory reset.

If you're getting the issue with NO 3rd party app on the phone, then something is wrong with the phone's software. I'm not sure how Motorola rolls but I would think that only after 2 months, you're still under warranty! If you're not rooted and it's a software issue, it should be covered under the warranty.

Hope you get your issues resolved so you can enjoy the full power of Android!

Upvote 0
I am not rooted, even though i really want to do it, I am worried now because of these issues I'm having and the risk of voiding my warranty. I also am not to comfortable in rooting it, yes i am a former iphone 3gs user. I made the switch because of how disappointed i was with the 4.

Doing the factory reset is going to be my last ditch effort after i call Motorola and see what they have to say. I don't want to get a refurb, but i hear that since it is after a month i might have to go with that.

This one is also definitely made after my old one was because there are subtle differences in the look of the phone.

I was excited after seeing that because i though this one would not have any of these issues.

Upvote 0
I am not rooted, even though i really want to do it, I am worried now because of these issues I'm having and the risk of voiding my warranty. I also am not to comfortable in rooting it, yes i am a former iphone 3gs user. I made the switch because of how disappointed i was with the 4.

Doing the factory reset is going to be my last ditch effort after i call Motorola and see what they have to say. I don't want to get a refurb, but i hear that since it is after a month i might have to go with that.

Well if you're sending your phone in for warranty repair, they will tell you to do a factory reset prior to sending it in. Even when you call support, they might ask you to do a factory reset.

I've read mix stuff on this, but refurbs might not be as bad. They go through more extensive testing on the model than the one that comes out of the assembly line.

Upvote 0
I don't want to get a refurb, but i hear that since it is after a month i might have to go with that.

I got one cause of a camera sensor issue and my replacement was a refurb. You honestly cannot tell the differance between it and a brand new one, except it has absolutely no issues...well, except for the battery manager FC, but I'm sure that will be fixed with an update soon enough.

Don't worry about re-certified phones, they've tested the shit out of them and replaced any worn out, scratched or damaged parts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones