terminal? recovery image? LWP ?General

1. jab2bme

jab2bme New Member

Hi ! Noob here. Two days with the 2.1 v3 (leaked:p)
    I thought when I did the install it, it came with the live wall paper...( does anybody know if this will come on the OFFICIAL 2.1 ? just thought I would slip that in) This is my 1st warranty violation :cool:

This is also my first post/thread/activity :

?= So I have searched for the last hour to find a start to finish Image flash recovery step by step instructions. I have little to NO experience with this stuff, but I just made the Dean's list:D, my 1st semester 14years since HS.... so I know I can do it,
    I downloaded terminal emulator, but have no idea how it works. I guess I see bits and pieces from different forums/sites and I am getting lost.

I know I need to do a flash image...don't know how to get into terminal
    I tried power and volume up, before I knew about having to do the image, and it gave me and error.

Please, Please, Please Help !

Advertisement
    :
  2. jab2bme

jab2bme New Member

gee thanks. all I need now is a kick me sign.
  3. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

LWP on official 2.1 I doubt it. But if you are rooted, all things are possible. I have seen the best instruction on thefuzz4's website thats http://www.thefuzz4.net . Also if you have any question as far as root are concerned feel free to leave a thread in the root section or come on over to XDA, Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers . And if u want live help... Come join us in IRC irc.thefuzz4.net #DroidEris or Chat
    jab2bme likes this.
  4. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

+1

I've heard that LWP really tax the processor on the Eris, even though it's available through root. As far as Image flash recovery you need to be rooted for that to work, and the terminal emulator is like a DOS prompt in Windows. I really didn't see much use for it, since I'm not rooted.
    jab2bme likes this.
  5. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

LWP has a little lag to it. However whenever we get the kernel officially over clocked it should run smoother.:D
    jab2bme likes this.
  6. ErisDroid?

True, and overclocking is now available, only to 760 something MHz though. Still faster.
    jab2bme likes this.
  7. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

If you are on leak v3....you do not have root...thus no access to terminal or recovery....

Or did you root then install the rooted version of v3 ?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    jab2bme likes this.
  8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

when did OC happen? They thought they had it but it wasn't actually working
  9. jab2bme

jab2bme New Member

Just found out. I don't have root. so no access. No live wall paper. Oh well. Still like the newer OS. I don't want the live papers to slow down an already laggy phone.
  10. ErisDroid?