1. ezegm

ezegm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on the preorder page theres this

"Early Termination Fee $350 (1 yr/2 yr contracts)"

what is this? please give me a clear explanation thank you

Advertisement
  2. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

if you cancel your verizon service before your two years are up you will be charged an early termination fee.

That is, if you bought a phone at a discount and signed up for the 2 year agreement. Or the 1 year agreement.

They are just trying to re-coop a portion of $ they lost by giving you a large discount on a new phone.

But if you are on a month to month contract and bought your phone at a regular price, then you can leave pretty much at any time without occurring a $ penalty.

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

if you end your contract before the end date you will be charged this, if you keep the service for the entire contract you won't.

4. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

This, but also the $350 get pro-rated as you keep going through your contract

5. ezegm

ok thank you for your help...another question- so how much will it cost with just upgrading,data plan(first smart phone/data plan thingy) and the taxes?...my cousin tried to calculate yesterday and said maybe $300 altogether at the end

6. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

in the store you will have to pay 299 plus tax and send off for your 100 rebate.you will also have to get the 29.99 data plan.

7. ezegm

is it cheaper to get it at the store or online...so if i get it at the store its gonna be like 350 at the end?............btw thank you for your help,its my first time getting a phone like this

8. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Only difference between online and in store pricing is that the phone is $300 with 100 mail-in in store but online you get the rebate instantly. In the end, they cost the same but i'd personally rather not wait a few months to get my $100 back.

... do you think the data plan is a one time fee? Don't make this mistake if so.

If you do, you have to get a talk plan or talk and text if you will text much. That will cost $50 or whatever a month, depending on minutes you get a month etc. Then the data plan adds $30 per month to that talk plan's price.