Terrible Battery Life w/ 2.2 root?

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so the reason im posting this here is because im confused haha. I have had the droid rooted for some time now and it seems since day one my batery life decreases more and more and i take more widgets and time off my phone but it still is terrible. I also realize that batterys die after some time so im wondering if anyone has this problem. I have had the droid pretty much since the day it came out and the battery hasnt been the best. should i get a new battery? would that solve it? maybe its just worn down from being with the phone since the beginning.

Advertisement
  2. wolftickets

wolftickets Active Member

Have you tried different roms/kernels?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Check what is using the battery first before you do anything. Go to Settings > About Phone > Battery Use and let us know what the main culprit is. Also, if you're overclocked make sure you have profiles set up and that you're not using performance mode or a very high minimum speed.

4. dfine06

As for kernals and roms im using the newest SS and im only overclocked to 800. Other than calls which is weird cause i dont make that many is my display. which i dont kow what that accounts for. I have it on only about the second brightness level out of 4. Using chevysNo1 ulv 1100. What is performance mode?

5. bowtieduece

bowtieduece Active Member

I noticed the same thing also, I checked on battery use and it is saying that the display is using 50 percent? is this normal for a droid? my incredible only uses 4-6 percent. I wouldnt think an amoled screen would be that much of a difference.
    And yes i have the brightness turned down.

6. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

I have been running BB v.04 for about a week now and I ave been very pleased with battery life so far.

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Hmm... I've had great battery life with Chevy's kernels so far. Performance mode is a setting in SetCPU that basically scales the processor speed for optimum performance, which can drain battery more quickly. If you're using SetCPU, make sure you use the On Demand setting, which sets speeds based on necessity.

Display is normally high up on the list, as well as voice calls if you make them regularly. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything out of the ordinary, which makes it strange that you're seeing poor battery life with that setup.

8. dfine06

I just bought a new oem battery so we'll see if thats the problem.