Terrible battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. evaporateddwar

evaporateddwar New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, for the most part, I like my Evo. It's fairly fast, good ui, and the screen is incredible.

However, my battery life is worse than I could've imagined. I take it off the charger around 9am, go to work, use it for about 20 minutes total, kill the aps again before i get off break/lunch. By 5pm, it's dead. 20 minutes of use, and 8 hours standby should not kill ANY phone. Regardless of screen size, if it's 'sleeping' the whole time, it should make it through enough of the day to atleast charge when I get home. This has made it so that I can't even use my phone, because I know if I do I have no hope of even getting home to charge it in the evening. I've thought of getting a second battery, but I feel like it's ridiculous to have to buy a second battery just to make it to 10pm if I actually use the phone a decent amount.

How's everyone else handling this?

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

3. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

I am pretty much in the same boat as you...try the suggestion from the HTC rep that was listed in one of the battery topics...I feel this has helped my battery alot but its still ridiculous that I feel as though I have to babysit my battery and have to check it all the time just to see where its at before I can use it for the things it was intended for.

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

This thread is what he's talking about: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/99223-possible-battery-fix-htc.html

5. gspam1

gspam1 Member

Please review all the battery threads but have you considered a car charger and a second charger at work (assuming you have access to electricity at work)? I've never owned a phone without those two accessories.

6. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

you cant expect any help without details. Wifi, gps, 4g, on or off

and as far as "handling this" its not a problem I have, my battery can last me all day on regular usage (but i keep wifi,4g, and gps off unless im using). If i hammer the phone i might have to swap batteries once.

I once left 4g on, on accident while i was in work (no cell phones) with no 4g signal. and came out to a dead phone. Other than that , 0 probs here