1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4Support

1. SHIVA77

SHIVA77 Well-Known Member

My Bluetooth sound quality has gotten really bad since 4.0.4 update. This is the only issue that I have with my Galaxy Nexus.

The change in sound quality directly after 4.0.4 when using BT is very obvious.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Same deal for me as well. Pretty much sucks to be honest. Im getting sick of Android phones of late. Im ready to go back to a Star Tac or something.
  3. SHIVA77

I still have my star tac. but it doesn't have 4G... actually it has no Gs. :)

so, is there a solution for the bad bluetooth sounds quality post update? anyone?
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

do you have Volume+ installed?
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  5. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

+1 on the volume+ free. It fixed my issue immediately. But I also have a new Bluetooth earpiece...so that may help as well. Have you tried a new headset or are you connecting in a car? Good luck.
  6. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

I have the same issue after update. My bluetooth is garbled in my new Ford explorer. Any suggestions appreciated.
  7. SHIVA77

I have tried two headsets, both sounded great before 4.0.4 and now sound crap after. I haven't tried Volume +, will investigate.
  8. SHIVA77

9. SHIVA77

three comments:

1- I googled this problem and found no solution.
    2- I contacted Samsung support, they had no solution.
    3- Why isn't my Avatar showing here?
  10. quickaudi

Volume+ definitely works for Bluetooth headsets as well, and it allows you to adjust volume and equalizer settings.

Still, it might not be a bad idea for you to clear your MusicFX settings and delete the BT pairing (then add it back.)
  11. SHIVA77

Good ideas. Thanks. I'll do that now.

how to do that?
  12. quickaudi

let me know how the BT delete/re-add works

as for clearing MusicFX data, go to Settings->Apps->All Apps->MusicFX

click the link that says "Clear Data"
  13. SHIVA77

Pairing was deleted, phone restarted and repaired. Also MusicFX was cleared and phone restarted.
  14. SHIVA77

Just made a test call, it sounds like crap... really terrible. I am going to install Volume+.

By the way, why isn't my Avatar showing here? It shows in the profile pic but not in avatar pic...
  15. SHIVA77

installed volume+ paid and then the free. none worked!

Paid said, it works only with certain type of BT.
    Free said, it doesn't work with ICS at all.

By the way, why isn't my Avatar showing here? It shows in the profile pic but not in avatar pic...
  16. Trooper

Mine sounds like crap too. The update fubared something big time. Cant make any calls on bt at all which is a show stopper for me.

As for you Avatar, I believe your profile and avatar pic are separate entities.
  17. SHIVA77

just called VZW, of course they had no solution at this time and I don't blame them. I really like VZW customer service, been with them for about 13 years or so and never have had any issues with their customer service.

also as above, Samsung customer help had no resolution at this time, just saying that they are working on another software update.

I could barely hear the VZW lady on the phone. My BT sound quality and I use two Plantronics Voyager Pro + headsets, has gone to sh*t. If I use the phone itself the sound quality is great. it's just the damn BT software.

as for my avatar I have uploaded two, one for profile and one for avatar and only the profile is showing.
  18. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

My god, I'm thinking about reverting back. If possible
  19. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Just experienced the same thing yesterday. Never had problems with BT call quality before.

Yesterday was the first time I used it since updating to 4.0.4 and the other party said they could not understand a word...
  20. Trooper

I have not had time to call VZW. Has anyone else tried yet? Seriously, this update has fubared bt. :mad:
  21. SHIVA77

I understand that I can be heard good, it's just that using BT now, after the update the following has happened.

1- The overall volume is down by about 50% (seat of the pants of course).
    2- The incoming voice through the BT oscillates. Meaning for every other word the volume drops. Yes, it's a pain. :)

I'll try to calling samsung again.
  22. jbarhorst2

jbarhorst2 Well-Known Member

Mine does this too. I just thought I was in a bad coverage area (a lot of them). Hopefully they will get this fixed. Calling Samsung and Verizon tomorrow.
  23. SHIVA77

yes, the more calls we make to Samsung and VZW the sooner they'll get working on this.
  24. jbarhorst2

jbarhorst2 Well-Known Member

Samsung told me to do a soft reset and then if that doesn't work then do a factory reset. Anyone try this yet?
  25. SHIVA77

I have done several soft resets, it's still no good.

I WILL Not do a factory reset.

That should simply not be an option. The phone should work as advertised and should update with new software without having to wipe all the info clean. That's bogus...