Terrible buzzing on incredible phone earpieceSupport

Last Updated:

1. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I have a recently purchased Incredible (about 3 weeks) and within the last week the red earpiece on the phone has developed a very severe buzzing noise. Seems whomever I speak with can hear me fine, I just can't understand them. This hasn't been frequent but it is increasing. One day I had an ear shattering high-pitch noise that pretty much stopped all calls and I had to power down the phone.

Could this be hardware or software related?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Did you install any sound/volume managers or other app that would affect the earpiece? If not, Turn the phone off and take out the battery for about 30 seconds. Put it back in, turn it on and test.

If it's still there, do a hard reset (verizon will make you do one anyway). If it's gone, then yes, it was an app. If it's not, take a trip to big red..

3. snoopy41

snoopy41 New Member

had the exact same problem. Heard the high pitch noise then during the next 2 weeks my phone would just mute itself, i could hear the person on the other end but they can't hear me. I just returned the DI because I was still within the 30 days just to be safe.

4. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member This Topic's Starter

yep - I had an audio manager app that I've recently added which might be the problem, although I would have thought this would be more hardware than software. Makes a bit of sense, though since it's not always happening (if it were hardware failure).

Thanks!

5. Droid613

Droid613 New Member

I had some problems with my earpiece. They had me try my headset / earplugs on it. In my case the issue went away. So it was hardware with the ear piece and I got a new phone.

Good luck.