terrible lag in loading and typing???Support

Last Updated:

1. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had my phone since Wed. and starting today I have been having some trouble with the speed and reaction of tapping widgets and scrolling. It takes forever for the text letters show. It is making me wanna bail it into the wall.

Anyone else having trouble? HELLLP!

Advertisement
  2. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

Reboot and check what apps you are running. This phone does not have the word "lag" in it's vocublarly

3. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

+1
    There is no such thing on the Incredible. Post a video if you want us to believe you.

4. dspanos

dspanos Member

No lag at all on mine either!

5. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I have been running and installing apps since I got the phone on release day and it has never lagged. NEVER. This surprised me cause I come from windows mobile where I had to carefully watch which apps I had open and soft reset everyday.

The only thing that might cause it is a faulty program with a gigantic ram leakage.

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Lol, you bog any phone/computer down with enough stuff and it's gonna lag.

OP, try turning off the haptic feedback for your keyboard. This helps on most other phones with on screen keyboards.

7. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have to find another recording device to tape it happening. You g uys crack me up. If it keeps happeneing, I am so bringing this be-otch back to the store!

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

what did you end up doing? Mine lags like crazy when typing. gets totally bogged down. drives me nuts. Today I finally did a hard reset as they have been suggesting and it made no difference whatsoever.

9. NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Beats me if hard reset doesn't fix it.. are you guys running any type of anti-virus or different keyboards? Antiviruses are worse than viruses in some case in terms of affecting system performance.

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

Nope. I have a handful of apps installed but I would characterize myself as a pretty vanilla user. I guess I can type pretty fast, but the vaunted "1 GHz Snapdragon processor" should be able handle that, shouldn't it?

11. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

This happens for me sometimes too. Usually rebooting my phone helps, but mostly it just happens randomly when Im texting. No apps were loaded in between the texts I sent or anything, no anti-virus or app killers either. I just get random lag when Im typing on the keyboard, sometimes its pretty bad too.

Also the other day I was playing Angry Birds and it was lagging. A reboot fixed it entirely but it was some pretty bad lag, even the audio was skipping.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

Yeah that's typical for me. It happens every single day. And I shut my phone off every night in an attempt to remedy the situation. It doesn't help though. My phone does this even when it's freshly booted up. I'm thinking of trying to get warranty dept. to send me a replacement.

13. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

Happened just now for me. I turned off haptic feedback and now its not lagging anymore. I kinda liked the feedback though :( lol

14. NAYo2002

You must type REALLY fast. I can see lags in graphic games but typing?

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

well it doesn't seem to happen on my wife's Motorola Droid or my mom's and dad's Droid X...

16. NAYo2002

Maybe check autocorrect settings? I don't want to jinx myself but mine seems to be almost too fast.

Are you using the HTC keyboard?

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

OK. What exactly should I check and how do I check it?

Yes I'm using the default keyboard. And the default web browser and default gmail application and default texting application. All stock stuff.

18. NAYo2002

Here's how to check: menu>settings>language and keyboard>Touch Input>Text input

Here's my setting for QWERTY:
    Prediction on
    Spell correction off
    Sound feedback off
    Viberate when typing on

Unless you have a wiget or app that's interfering with your keyboard, there shouldnt be a delay at all with those settings. If that doesn't work try turning viberate off.

Have you tried using a system monitoring app like System Panel Lite to see if anything is a major CPU hog?

Note: I'm sure you probably already know this but this used to give me trouble the first day. If you have suggested words, you must accept the highlighted one by pressing space or chose the one you want.

If you're using voice input, you must press space or "." to accept highlighted text before it allows you to continue texting.

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

That's what I have my settings at too... Putting "prediction" on just makes it worse, but I don't use that anyway. Very frustrating.

20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Member

Just got off the phone with warranty service. They're sending me a new phone.

21. NAYo2002

Yea good call... there shouldnt be any lags texting.

bozz_2006 likes this.