1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible Music Apps

Last Updated:

1. saprolith

saprolith Member This Topic's Starter

I listen to music whilst commuting on a bike and whilst out riding a MTB, I have a pair of HTC headphones with in-line controls to make switching tracks easy but am infuriated by the music apps available.

I also have the Audiobooks app installed and despite many attempts I am unable to get any music app to ignore the file containing audiobook chapters.

As a result varied pieces of audiobooks get mixed up with the music tracks, I have tried using Median, Double Twist, 3Cubed and the standard player, non allow me to just select single folders containing MP3 files and they don't all recognise the in-line phones.

Are all music apps so amateurish or is there a really good one out there which I have not yet found.

Phone is a HTC Desire.

Advertisement
  2. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Meridian allows you to select by folder. You can play individual folders from the Browser built into the player.

3. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

I think the headphone control issue is an HTC/Sense problem, not an issue with the player. The controls only work with the stock player, likely because the HTC stock player won't let another player take priority.

4. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member

Try using Mixzing or btunes. Both are great media players. Both have wired headset controls that work!

5. nicracine

nicracine Well-Known Member

+1 for bTunes. It also lets you choose which folder is your music folder.

I bought it today, and I am very satisfied with it.

6. aiz4andy

aiz4andy Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same problems - it would be really handy if folder select was an option in most music players. This was the main reason I was using Mort Music Player as it was the only music app I found that could do this - you can configure which folders it scans for music - and the same for the Mort Audiobook Player.

Saying that, I have recently downloaded btunes too and find it really easy to navigate and add tracks to currently playing list so this is my new player of choice.