• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Terrible Return Policy

I have Verizon but only for there network. I hate there exhange policy. It's now all setteled. but listen to this. I went and got a droid global phone online from verizon. I paid $593.00 for it I hated it. The screen froze bad sound quality etc etc. I wanted to change it out for another (I couldn't because of funds on card) I said ok let me get the droid 2 she agreed. But I wanted it now. She said I can goto a store and get it fine.

I went into the Hollywood store in Flroida and spoke with mario. The store wanted to charge me $35.00 even though my phone was DOA and once I get the droid 2 I'm stuck with it. I said fine Give me a refund. Then I'll get the Droid 2. first he wanted to charge me $35.00 for the refund then he said I would not be allowed to purchase another phone for 90 days. I called customer service they said the store was correct execpt about the part that you can't get another phone for 90 days.

I went to another store and I did the exchange paid the lousy $35.00 fee but she said it would be creditied on my bill (we will see) He also said that he would allow me to reutrn the 2nd phone for a refund. I didn't exersise it because this phone is perfect.

To tell you the truth it's causes me a lot of anxiety to buy from Verizon I was thinking of Sams club next time. Verizon just lost 593 dollars the next time I decide to an upgrade. they can thank there policy and mario in hollywood Flroida.

I looked at every cell phone carrier they all do the same thing execpt T-moblie I actually called them and they will exhange as many phones as you want within the 30 day period. I think this industry has really gone down hill i'd like to use other words but i won't

There should not be any restocking fee charged for a DOA return. Period. The system will charge the fee anyway, but the policy states the rep is supposed to waive it.

Anytime you get a fee waived/credited, you will still see the charge on the next bill, but you will also see a credit. The credit won't be in the same place as the charge, make sure to check page 2 of your bill under Payments & Adjustments.

Upvote 0
I have Verizon but only for there network. I hate there exhange policy. It's now all setteled. but listen to this. I went and got a droid global phone online from verizon. I paid $593.00 for it I hated it. The screen froze bad sound quality etc etc. I wanted to change it out for another (I couldn't because of funds on card) I said ok let me get the droid 2 she agreed. But I wanted it now. She said I can goto a store and get it fine.

I went into the Hollywood store in Flroida and spoke with mario. The store wanted to charge me $35.00 even though my phone was DOA and once I get the droid 2 I'm stuck with it. I said fine Give me a refund. Then I'll get the Droid 2. first he wanted to charge me $35.00 for the refund then he said I would not be allowed to purchase another phone for 90 days. I called customer service they said the store was correct execpt about the part that you can't get another phone for 90 days.

I went to another store and I did the exchange paid the lousy $35.00 fee but she said it would be creditied on my bill (we will see) He also said that he would allow me to reutrn the 2nd phone for a refund. I didn't exersise it because this phone is perfect.

To tell you the truth it's causes me a lot of anxiety to buy from Verizon I was thinking of Sams club next time. Verizon just lost 593 dollars the next time I decide to an upgrade. they can thank there policy and mario in hollywood Flroida.

I looked at every cell phone carrier they all do the same thing execpt T-moblie I actually called them and they will exhange as many phones as you want within the 30 day period. I think this industry has really gone down hill i'd like to use other words but i won't

This is why I buy all of my phones and upgrades via the on-line store. I have not had any problems with the CSRs on the phone and I thinks it is ridiculous that I can get an instant rebate on line but I have to mail it in and wait when I go to the store. Also you only pay $30 extra for a 1 year contract vs. $70 extra in store. I like eliminating the middle-man and dealing directly with Verizon. They seem to be able to do more on the phone than in the stores. Just my $.02

Upvote 0
The restock is not really a "restock" fee because phone returns can't be resold as new. The charge is to recover some of the money lost on the return. If you return a $500 device, Verizon just lost $500. Unjust...a bit yes... but understandable

That restock fee is indeed a restocking fee, where do you think those Certified Pre-Owned phones come from? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones