• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Testers Needed!!!

Lokifish

Sep 18, 2010
martian-imperium.com
Sorry guys. I was hoping there was a backdoor that I may have missed to get this to work. After working with a couple folks there is no way to make this a user friendly install even with the corrected partition map info. As soon as you guys get unlocked I will revisit this and I will be checking back on a regular basis.​
XDA%20Ubuntop%201.0b%20demo.jpg
webtop+small.jpg

I am looking at yet another Universal release. This time it's not a universal MotoBlur ROM but a possible Universal Ubuntop/Webtop+ release but I need testers. It is based on the latest Webtop release for the Photon (WT-1.2.0-180) and is successfully running on the Atrix, Electrify and Photon. We've been running Ubuntop/Webtop+ since September with minimal issues and I have received multiple requests to port. If successful, the advantage of this universal release is that any improvements and enhancements will carry over to all devices.

Prerequisites:
Unlocked
CWM Recovery (Bootstrap MAY work)
GB Blur based ROM with Webtop support (for now)
/osh be located at /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 (if osh is not located at mmcblk0p13 PM me with the correct partition location)
/osh be atleast 755.9MB
Not afraid of using terminal
Latest version of 7Zip
Ubuntop.7z - 264.3 MB (MD5- AA02B21D7A8D733621AD48B1425E95C8)

DO NOT POST RESULTS - PM ME YOUR RESULTS - IF THIS WORKS I WILL BE RELEASING TODAY

Installing:
Make a full backup including webtop (this is key so you can revert any changes)
Extract the UbunTop.7z file (this requires you have the latest version of 7zip installed)
Copy the Ubuntop folder to internal storage (again this is a must)
From CWM recovery, flash the Univ_Ubuntop_v1.0.0.zip
Reboot and launch webtop
Follow the instructions in the "READ ME!!!" file in the Ubuntop folder
(Right now I'm looking for install success and menupatch success. If you want to install applications and report on that as well that's great.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones