Testers required

Last Updated:

1. Sebastian404

Sebastian404 Well-Known Member

So I have made a build of Clockwork Mod Recovery for the ZTE Anthem 4G

I have no idea if it will work since I have not been able to find a device, but it has a good chance.

I'm deliberately not going to give you any in depth instructions, since I'm only looking for someone who knows what they are doing..

you should have the USB drivers installed, and be able to get the device into fastboot mode.. and then use the traditional:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-

any/all feedback welcome.

2. Sebastian404

Sebastian404 Well-Known Member

Incase anyone is wondering, arthur4g is the board name used in the Anthem.

Interestingly (ish) the original Warp's board was called arthur, so I'd assume there may be some similarity between the two.
  3. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Thanks, I'll be looking into that
  4. nxonx

nxonx Member

I'm new to having to do stuff manually but I'm learning fast. I'll be happy to test this out once I figure some stuff out. and sorry if this is a dumb ? but when i had rooted my old optimus t I had to get root in order to install cwm, used z4root... Now root was needed to install cwm, but I'm assuming its cause i wasn't aware of manual methods using adb and fastboot is this correct?
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey guys, I've moved you over to the all-things-root area here.

6. nxonx

nxonx Member

Fastboot wasn't working but i found a method for the warp that uses terminal emulator to copy the recovery image to the partition. but i got it on and its working, for the most part, It loads :p

Only thing I've done is a backup. It did give me an error saying that it couldn't backup sd-ext with a message that sd-ext might be disabled on my device. But I don't care I got root and a custom recovery, i'm boat loads of happy right now. :D just removing most of the bloat alone has made a night and day difference with the phones performance.

But your recovery seems to function just fine. TY :D Do you need/want any log files or anything?
  7. bad karma

bad karma Active Member

my zte anthem powered down due to dead battery,it never came back on.even with new battery.any help is appreciated much....ty
  8. jump_and_drop

jump_and_drop New Member

I know this is an ancient thread, but is there any chance for a mirror of the recovery? I'd love to give it a shot.