Testimony from a WinMo Convert!

Last Updated:

1. caveritt

caveritt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I am leaving WinMo today for the Droid X. I have been a WinMo user since PocketPC 2002. I made it through Windows Mobile 2003, 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5, and 6.5.x and after several different devices have finally gotten fed up with the slow performance of WinMo. My most recent phones, the HTC Imagio and HTC Touch Pro 2, were so pitiful when it came to memory usage that I had an app that would just reboot the phone ever few hours to clear the memory leaks.

Although there might be some saving grace for Windows Phone 7, I just don't feel confident about where Micro$oft is taking it.

Can't wait to venture into the world of the Droid.

Oh yeah, my Droid X was not suppose to ship until the 18th but it is on truck for delivery right now.

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Hey congrats your going to love Android and the Droid X it is a great device!

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

been a winmo guy for years!
    first device was in 2002 with a phone that was 4 inch device :)
    it was way cool back then. last winmo phone was an omnia...i`ll NEVER look back :)
    you`ll quickly see that android is LITERALLY everything winmo should have been.
    i know for a fact you`re going to love it!

4. drew999999

drew999999 Member

Have also used winmo for more years than I'd like to admit. Had the X for a week now and I'm super happy with the jump. Loved winmo over the years, but felt it was time for my phone to make the jump from puberty to adulthood.

Enjoy the new toy!

5. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Same here, just got mine last week as well and it took a few hours to figure out some of the difference and now there is no looking back.

Best part is there is a person in my office who kept trying to sell me on the iphone and when I was back on winmo she would be by every couple of days. After she saw my X I have not seen her at all. Needless to say she left my office speechless after seeing it for the first time. She could not believe it was bigger, lighter and faster than her iphone.

6. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

I had two Winblows Mobile phones on AT&T- the Samsung Blackjack and then the Treo 750. I thought having a touchscreen would make the experience more tolerable. Yeah... no. It was slightly better after I updated the 750 to WinMo 6, but not by much.

Then I went to RIM with the craptastic Storm I. Maybe they're good for something, but I wasn't sticking around to find it. The only thing I gave any thought to missing after I left was BBM. Otherwise, they didn't have much to offer to me.

Ahh, Android. :)

Droid, and now Droid X. I don't see going anywhere else- yes, even if the iPwn comes out on Big Red.

So... welcome!

7. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

im coming from a Touch Pro and my Droid X comes tomorrow...cant wait to throw that winmo pos out the window

8. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I am also a windows mobile betrayer. I had countless winmo devices, and when I first heard of Rhoid, I swore I never would switch. Saw the Moment a friend has, and switched to the Hero in less than a week. I am weak. Rhoid is light years beyond Winmo, other than Exchange.

9. steakdaddy

steakdaddy New Member

I had a Motorola Q since it first came out. I was given a heads up on 6.5 so I refused to upgrade to it. As a phone, winmo was ok, for email and calendering, outlook could not be beat, everything else on it sucked. I have had my droid x for a few weeks now and I am loving it. Just wish I could use it for my work email (Droid does not support the ms security pack that my company requires).

I am amazed at how good of a experience it is. WinMo 7 may be good, but without the apps and a decent browser, it will not stand a chance.

10. Ssully

Ssully Member

I've been using windows mobile since 2002, just got my x today. Absolutely amaizing os. The keyboard is a dream, the os dosent lag at all. It took google and apple 2 years to innovate each their own masterpiece and here sits microsoft late for the bus again. 2 months from wm7 and I could not wait any longer. Im in heaven but saddened I had to leave an old friend behind....