• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tether/3g switch

1) Any tether app on the Play store, as far as safety to your phone. As far as Metro not knowing that you're tethering? Don't tether. If you do, they'll know.

2) The phone does that - if there's a 4G signal the phone will use it. Otherwise if there's a 3G signal, the phone will use that. Otherwise the phone will use 2G (which is painfully slow).

Upvote 0
That's the CDMA varient the app on the phone already should work if your hidden. Menus still work open the. Dialer and go*#*#4636#*#* go to the phone testing select 1x/evdo that should give you three g. When tethering they really don't care check out our data usage confession thread I racked up the highest I know so far on both metro PCs and T-Mobile. Use a user agent switcher on chrome to internet explorer 8 that way you can still use Netflix and stuff. Or use Linux as your os tethering an Xbox is hit or miss no word on ps3 because I don't own one yet (wanna get one for persona 5)

Upvote 0
That's the CDMA varient the app on the phone already should work if your hidden. Menus still work open the. Dialer and go*#*#4636#*#* go to the phone testing select 1x/evdo that should give you three g. When tethering they really don't care check out our data usage confession thread I racked up the highest I know so far on both metro PCs and T-Mobile. Use a user agent switcher on chrome to internet explorer 8 that way you can still use Netflix and stuff. Or use Linux as your os tethering an Xbox is hit or miss no word on ps3 because I don't own one yet (wanna get one for persona 5)
The *#*#4636#*#* doesnt work on my t599n is there and alternative?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am currently using this ( http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=722637 ) to wifi my metro PCs 4g to my laptop and share that connection to my Xbox 360 for Xbox live and I have the 60$ unlimited/no hotspot plan. Strangely it doesn't let me surf the web on my laptop but acts as a conduit for Xbox live just fine. Just follow the link to the thread I listed and copy the settings and it will work . I've now used this app on different Samsung phones and networks (boost mobile m830, m920, and m930 and now metro /tmobile) and it's always worked. And you can for sure get vpn service for a really reasonable per month rate if you take the time and look around as I've seen it as low as 2$then you should have no problem. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones