tether for ps3 ?

1. bizzyboy

bizzyboy New Member

Hi, i am trying to use my xt 720 ( androide 2.2 ) to connect my playstation3 online. I did not found any application for this without using a computer. Im looking for a tether usb that i can put an usb/ethernet adaptater. Any good idea will be try.

Sorry for my bad english....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Droidiam

Droidiam Well-Known Member

Download an app on filestube.com called Z4Root and do a "permanent root" then get a wireless tether app in the market and use ur ps3's wifi to connect to your phone. Good luck!
  3. There are two ways to do that:

1. Root your phone and use Wireless Tether. Then connect the ps3 to the phone's wifi.

2. Use PDAnet or Easy Tether, connect your phone to your computer via usb. Then connect a crossover cable to the ps3, and bridge the two connections in Windows.

Keep in mind however, that 3g data is NOT going to be fast enough to play any type of FPS game online. The lag/ping times are too high. It will work in a pinch however, but its certainly not something you would use permanently.
  4. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Any way you look at it you might need a computer.

The PS3 doesn't support Ad-hoc connections so unless you have a phone with a rom/kernel that supports access point mode you'll have to run a LAN cable from your PC to your PS3 using the bridge connection method sitlet mentioned with either app.