1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tether phone so ipod touch can get wifi

1. aplacetorest

aplacetorest Member

I was wondering if this was possible, my phone is rooted, and i do not have internet where i am. I am tethering my phone to the computer, and thats how im online typing this. I really want to get wifi on my ipod as well, but since theres no wifi where i am, i was wondering if i could use my phone somehow?

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yes..

you are rooted.. so go to the market and look for app called.. wifi tether for root users"

that is it.. use that app when you need to tether via wifi .. you should be able to tether the computer and the ipod and more at the same time.
  3. ncroyboy

ncroyboy Member

What if your NOT rooted?
  4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Then you don't get to use the wifi tether app. You can get pdanet and tether (with a wire) to your computer.
  5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

then .. root it!
    it aint that hard!

if you want.. there is a one click method..
  6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

+1;)
  7. ncroyboy

ncroyboy Member

I've read about it in the past and almost did it until the next update came out and everyone had to re-root - it seams very technical....Where is this root for dummies - one click method....?
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member