tether stopped after system update

Last Updated:

1. nimika

nimika New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I had used Androot to root my HTC hero, today i updated the phone with the new system update on sprint HTC hero baseband version 2.42.01.04.27 software no2.31.651.7 and after the update the wifi teether stopped working. can anyone suggest what should i do to get it enabled.

i tried uninstalling androot and resinstllaing androot and wifi tether program. when i try to do unroot it is failing

please help

Advertisement
  2. nimika

nimika New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I had used Androot to root my HTC hero, today i updated the phone with the new system update on sprint HTC hero baseband version 2.42.01.04.27 software no2.31.651.7 and after the update the wifi teether stopped working. can anyone suggest what should i do to get it enabled.

i tried uninstalling androot and resinstllaing androot and wifi tether program. when i try to do unroot it is failing

it says wifi teether unable to start teethering. can i roll back to old software version

please help

3. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

its possible that the .7 update doesnt allow wifi tether. its also possible that the .7 update patched the root access. Id start by making sure you still have superuser permissions and then you have given wifi tether WU permissions as well.

If it still doesnt work, go back to the .6 update. I can tell you for sure that wifi tether works with it. A buddy of mine connected to my phone for a few minutes on his laptop last night, so it definately works

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Head on over to XDA because they have root for .7 now. In my case, I like refreshing my phone every now and then, so I loaded the .7 RUU available on XDA and rooted it and have WiFi Tether installed and working with my iPad.