tether with inc.4g???General

1. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

Has anyone tethered there Inc 4g to a tablet with ics? If so how did you do it? I have been trying but can't see t get it to work.

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Tethered how? For what?
  3. canrunin

I was able to tether my original incredible with my android tablet using pdanet.I have been trying to tether with my new incredible 4g and I can't get it to work. I think Verizon has done something to block the phone from tethering.
  4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Settings -> More -> Mobile Hotspot & tethering
  5. PDAnet works fine for wired USB tethering on my Dinc4g. WiFi is another story. FoxFi works ok, but only with the proxy addon, which only works with http/https protocols. You also must configure the device connected to use the proxy.
    canrunin likes this.
  6. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy Well-Known Member

Why would you do any of this when it's all built in?
  7. canrunin

you clearly do not understand why i want to use pdanet. do you have a unlimited plan? or a 2gig plan?
  8. canrunin

are you tethering a computer or a tablet? i havent tried to tether with a cable. i will try and see if that works.
  9. MrSmoofy

How would anyone know why you never said why. But based on this message and the PM you sent I know why now.
  10. Because I have unlimited data and Verizon tethering isn't included
  11. Computer. I have not tried my tablet yet. I wouldn't be surprised to find that my kindle will not be able to deal with the proxy. I do not have a micro USB to micro USB cable to try a wired tablet connection.
  12. canrunin

my tablet was working with my old incredible,but not my new one,dont know why. i never tried my computer i will have to try it when i get time. it used to work also with the old incredible.
  13. MrSmoofy

Just curious do you consistently use more then 2GB of data every month?
  14. canrunin

At this time I have been using between .1.5 and 2 gig.
  15. Was your OG Dinc rooted? The wifi tether app worked great on a rooted OG Dinc, but since the Dinc4g isn't rooted yet, there is something that prevents full wireless tethering. While Foxfi works great with the proxy, it is still limited to a couple of protocols and you must use the proxy or it won't work.
  16. canrunin

no my original inc was not rooted.
  17. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

The og dinc was able to have the dun address changed to get around the payment part for the wifi hotspot... This one, not so much. Have yet to find a good tethering app
  18. andross77

andross77 Well-Known Member

my wife has unlimited data and this phone and she added the $30/mo unlimited 4g hotspot to her plan. Works like a charm and in our area we get 12-35mb down 100% of the time.

But yeah it gets a little more complicated when you want to be SNEAKY and steal a service you're not paying Verizon for....
  19. today

today Well-Known Member

Yeah it's called Golden Tate-ing