Tether with Mac OSC 10.4Support

Last Updated:

1. hartzpad

hartzpad New Member This Topic's Starter

PDAnet cannot tether with Mac OSX 10.4, what are my other options? I have a Verizon business account with unlimited data and a tethering plan in place from my previous phone (Palm Centro).

What are my options for USB tethering with OSX 10.4?

Advertisement
  2. blank

blank Well-Known Member

just upgrade ur mac, lol isnt snow leopard like $29?
    i have the latest Os and can tether just fine. lovin it :D

3. andrewrodney

andrewrodney Well-Known Member

I’ve had no issues with PDAnet under 10.6 on two machines, one would suspect it would be fine with 10.4. I’d check with the company, should work.

4. the_bat

the_bat New Member

For many of us, there may be an issue with "upgrading" past 10.4. Just "upgrading" (if that's really the appropriate term) will mean that some older "legacy apps" that some of may continue to use will apparently not be able to be used inasmuch as 10.5 + appears not to support "Classic".

Frankly, I'm beginning to find this almost cavalier disregard for those of us still kind of locked into needing support for some of these old apps to be a bit of a turn off. Why should I simply have to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading certain applications just to "upgrade" to OS 10.5 or later? Frankly, before I did that, I think I might ditch OS X altogether and just migrate to Linux.

Basically, I'd like to replace my Verizon LGEnv with a Droid. But only if I can tether to my iBook, when I'm on the road travelling, because I'm not going to pay for a data plan for a Droid plus continue to pay for the USB modem I currently use for the iBook. There's no compelling reason to do that, and I won't. If PDAnet, or somebody, will produce a solution that works, fine. Otherwise, we're getting along okay the way we are. And we're not spending hundreds of dollars to upgrade software we don't need to.

^o^

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

6. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

No issue with the wi-fi tethering on rooted Droid with Snow Leopard on my end. Works perfect.

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Just gotta say, fantastic avatar. And even stating you are running Mac OS is pretty impressive. No kool aid for you ;)

8. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Thank you. No Kool aid for me but I give them there due. I like there computers and there OS but i'm running Snow Leo on a PC...;)

9. mstream

mstream Member