tether???General

Last Updated:

1. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So... I'm sitting here minding my business, when I see an e-mail pop up on my phone. Looking at it, it says it comes from the Google Tether Team.
    I guess it's for a beta test of tether brought to you by Google on 2.1.
    Anyone else get this invite? Am I just a lucky chosen few? Or... do you think it's a more nefarious ploy buy some bastard to obtain access to my phone?

On the flip side, if they are bringing tether to 2.1 maybe they'll bless us with A2SD as well...

Advertisement
  2. Heliotropic

Heliotropic Well-Known Member

I got a similar email too, but mine didn't say anything about being associated with google. Mine says "Tether Android Beta" from tether.com. I haven't looked into it yet, so I don't know anything about it.

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

tether.com which normally offers a tethering solution for blackberry opened the beta for their upcoming android product........... they claim to be faster than the competition........ but they charge for the service.......... its hard for me to imagine a minor increase in speed (I see acceptable speeds out of current android tethering apps like pdanet already) will make it worth paying a subscription for