• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tetherbot, Adb.exe closing

Hello, I am currently trying to get the tetherbot app to work with a laptop running windows 2000. I have followed all of the various instructions and everything is set up and installed correctly. I am using Firefox with foxyproxy and the adb utility.

I start it all up and I am able to load up a website or two but after usually less than a minute a window pops up that says "Program Error" and contains the message "adb.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

When that happens, the adb.exe process closes itself and port 1080 is no longer open so I can no longer connect through my G1. If I try to run adb again with the command "adb forward tcp:1080 tcp:1080" it says
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successfully*
error: protocol fault (no status)

It will not forward the ports again unless I reboot and then it still only runs for a minute or so before erroring again. Any suggestions? I have looked everywhere but no one seems to have this problem.:(

I'm using PdaNet on my droid thunderbolt and desktop app on my Win 7 laptop. I have had to do a few things to get this to work continuously:

1. Do "end process" on adb.exe in Task Manager.

2. Check "usb debugging" on droid, located under Settings | Applications | Development | USB debugging.

3. Turn on USB tether in PdaNet on phone app.

4. On desktop app on pc, Connect.

And then usb tethering seems to work ok!

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones