Tethering and IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. supa

supa Member This Topic's Starter

:mad: So I'm here testing out all the features on my phone and decided to see how this tethering works so I go to VZAccess Manager and download the software/driver, plug in the phone select to use "Mobile Broadband Connect" and try to connect using the newly installed VZAccess Maganger but find out that I would have to pay an additional 10 dollars a month if I want to use that feature plus it limits me to 5GB of data transfer per month. What a bummer. Anyone know of any other way of doing this where I wouldn't have to pay?

Advertisement
  2. patkicks10

patkicks10 Well-Known Member

pdanet

supa likes this.
  3. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

supa likes this.
  4. supa

I looked up PDANet. The app is free but the Desktop client is close to $20 if you want the full fledged application. I guess it's better than paying Verizon 10 bucks every month.

5. headcase

headcase Active Member

6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Is it allowed to tether your computer to your phone, or do you technically need something more than the $30 data plan?

7. supa

Just tried it. Seems to tether just fine. I like how the app tells me how much data I am using. I believe you don't need anything special with PDANet but someone else can probably answer that better.

8. headcase

headcase Active Member

Register for the full version at their site. Other than that, it just works for the Mac or PC (sounding like a broken record here).

9. supa

I also saw this on another thread.

But after doing some more research, I found EasyTether also has a lite version and that it's no longer in beta so you'd have to search elsewhere. I did like the price for the full version of easytether a bit better at 9.99.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.mstream.easytether_polyclef

10. exseabee ralph

exseabee ralph Member

I recently bought a Android Zeniththink 180 tabldt. I want att tether my Incredile att it, does any one have a good idea? I really do not want att buy a data plan for Android occasional use.

11. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member

for a really good pay app I would look at tether. Tether is not on the market, its available at www.tether.com. I had them on my blackberry and my droid both work great and it has a free trial. You could always root your phone and get the free wifi tether and you wouldn't have to pay anything.

12. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

13. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

You could buy tether for android. I had tether on my blackberry previously and it worked well. Also I am using tether right now to be on this website. I have noticed with the free edition of Pdanet you cannot go to Facebook, Yahoo mail, and Hotmail. Now if you purchase it then its no problem. I personally could not get easytether to work for me on my laptop.

14. Marker88

Marker88 Member

I just spoke to a Verizon Rep, with PDANet, if they catch you you have to pay 10 dollars anyways.

15. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

You sort of answered a question I had. I wanted to tether to a deactivated phone I have that I use for theme testing so I got the Wireless Tether app from the market. The tethering works fine, but I was concerned about if they could track this or not.

Realistically speaking, is that a genuine concern? Has anyone heard of anyone getting 'caught' tethering their device to another device (phone, laptop, etc.)?

Just want to make sure I won't get surprised when I get my next bill or have my service cancelled if they catch me.