Tethering from iphoneSupport

1. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

Yes I have an iPhone, please don't judge lol.

I'm wanting to tether my 3g connection from my iPhone 3g but have had zero luck.

I've tried using both tetherme and mywi.

Has anybody else had any luck or should I just give up?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

3. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

I've tried both which is what's confusing, the nexus will not pick up the signal.

However if I tether through usb to my desktop and make an ad hoc connection and share it works, but after awhile the connection screws up and I have to restart my PC to get it working again, this does that on both the iPhones connection and my home connection so it's not a phone issue.
  4. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Should have invested in a newer phone rather than the tablet :p lol jk

Just for clarification, are you trying to wirelessly hotspot your iPhone or hardwire tether it?
  5. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

I want to wirelessly do it, but the tablet does not find the hotspot.

Doing it wired to the computer and then wireless from there works for awhile until the connection screws up but I think that's an issue with windows.
  6. DragonSlayer95

Well I can't find any other solutions other than that unless you jail break the device, sorry I couldn't help ya

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  7. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

You have to be jailbroken to use those apps anyway so already did that, and no worries.

You'd think it would work but maybe google just doesn't like Apple? :p
  8. DragonSlayer95

Oh okay as I said I've never even used an apple product so I didn't know those apps required a jail broken device lol

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Have you been able to tether another device to the phone like a laptop, for example? It may not be the tablet which is giving you the hard time but the tethering connection itself.
  10. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly, Rich. if other devices can't connect to it (or, as you already mentioned, how windows connects but then loses it) then it's highly unlikely to be the nexus.
  11. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

I think you guys are misunderstanding what I was saying about Windows.

Windows picks up that connection fine and never loses it, it's when it's shared through the wireless card in my PC when the problem begins, so it's something with the PC, not the phone.

As for sharing the connection from the phone over wifi, laptops and other devices pick it up just fine, the tablet will not find it.

I've heard android does not agree with ad hoc connections? That's what the iPhone creates and as far as I can tell there is no way around that.
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I've been fine with ad-hoc connections from my Galaxy Nexus to my N7.
    I'm not familiar with those apps or iPhones in general but are you able to tweak the channel settings? Can you change encryption methods?
  13. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

I've tried with no encryption what so ever and even changed channels to no avail.
  14. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

After a good bit of head scratching I was able to pair the phone through Bluetooth and tether that way, a bit slower but its working.
  15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

16. chalky378

chalky378 Active Member

I use my I phoned 4 running ios6 and the 'personal hotspot', within the settings menu to tether my n7 when I'm out and about no problems at all and my wife uses the same hot spots for her laptop as well without fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  17. chalky378

chalky378 Active Member

oh and I'm not rooted just stock on both tablet and iphone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  18. The12thDoctor

The12thDoctor Well-Known Member

Managed to tether the 3G connection from my iPhone last night. Will be good when going on long journeys knowing that I can still access the internet while I'm traveling.
  19. merg

merg Active Member

Wait for Open Garden to become available on iOS.