tethering issue with my Acer Iconia A500General

1. jmak18

jmak18 New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted, installed open garden on it and started tethering, but for some reason my Acer tablet cannot see the the wifi connection, I also have an Ipad2 and it picked up the tethering signal immediately and working fine, so I know its not the tethering on my phone does not work. Can anyone please tell me how I can fix this? Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. NewDroidXuser

NewDroidXuser Member

I'm having the exact same problem with my LG Revolution. If you figure it out, let me know.
  3. I have the same issue. Cannot seem to see the phone connection plus bluetooth connection problems to connect wifi. My question is that I just bought Acer Iconia A500 and love it and I was expecting to use my LG Optimus V wifi tethering (I can use the wifi tethering easily to my laptop using wireless tether app). I cannot seem to connect it to my Acer tablet. I used PDA Net app for tablets and others wifi tethering app using Bluetooth but the problem comes to only one thing. When I try to connect bluetooth to my Acer tablet, I seem to pair it easily but on both end i.e. on my phone as well as Acer tablet I get a message "Paired but not connected". I also cannot seem to see any proxy settings in Acer tablet settings so that I can tweak it plus after pairing I cannot seem to see Internet Connection in Bluetooth Profile section to connect to internet. But on the other hand I can flawlessly (with out any problem) use my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus internet to my laptop.

I tried everything but unsuccessful and here I am asking you guys to help me.

I am pretty sure you guys out there smarter than me to give me a simple solution.

Thanks

Nick
  4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you're using open garden? I have an unrooted Samsung Galaxy S (1) and I just use the Mobile AP function built into the phone and it works fine.

Surely the Galaxy S 2 has the same option? Sometimes the simple solution works best.
    -----

Ok, I googled an answer to my own question. I'm guessing you're with Verizon and that's why you can't use the native Mobile AP functionality; in which case the problem isn't with your phone or your tablet, it's your service provider.
  5. kenji57

Not sure if you are talking about 2 different problems with wifi and bluetooth, but I found an article on enabling wifi tethering on an LG optimus 5.

How to enable tethering on the LG Optimus V | How To - CNET

hope that helps
  6. kenji57

Check what channel your mobile wifi hotspot is operating on. I read somewhere that the Acer A500 doesn't like channels 12-13.