Tethering issue

Last Updated:

1. xboxkid

xboxkid Member This Topic's Starter

I am running skyraider 3.0 with sense on my DROID incredible. Ever since i flashed this ROM my wireless tethering has not been working. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it still wont work.

The problem is after i connect my laptop or other device to the tether i attempt to do something on the internet and ti tells me there is not internet access. When i check my connectivity the strength is fine but it says there is no internet access.

Please help me. :confused:
    Thanks.

Ohh and BTW the tethering worked fine when i was running Virtuous.

Advertisement
  2. xboxkid

I am running skyraider 3.0 with sense on my DROID incredible. Ever since i flashed this ROM my wireless tethering has not been working. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it still wont work.

The problem is after i connect my laptop or other device to the tether i attempt to do something on the internet and ti tells me there is not internet access. When i check my connectivity the strength is fine but it says there is no internet access.

Please help me. :confused:
    Thanks.

Ohh and BTW the tethering worked fine when i was running Virtuous.

3. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't have an answer, I have a question...

I just rooted my Incredible and installed wireless tether, but I can't get it to work. Everything appears to work fine, but my laptop won't connect. The app page on market says I need to be rooted and have a netfilter-enabled kernel. Is the kernel on 2.2 netfilter-enabled, or do I need to get a new one? I assumed it was because it has Verizon's wifi hotspot app, which I know workd because I've done the DUN hack successfully.

You said it worked for you before. Did you have to get a custom netfilter-enabled kernel?

I'm rooted on stock ROM and kernel right now.

4. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

After I rooted, tether worked immediately, no kernel, no nothing, stock 2.2 froyo, just turned it on and bam it was there....I was actually expecting some trouble

however, I have seen a lot of people having trouble with it and I'm sure somebody a lot smarter than me has found a workaround

I will add that some people say if you download from the dev's site instead of market it will work, don't know if that is the case for you though

5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

xboxkid likes this.
  6. goughgreg

goughgreg New Member

I went in and downloaded the latest version of wifi tether off the net it works great now, I also had the same issue

7. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

What kernel were you using with Virtuous, if it was the stock kernel, figure out which that one was and flash that onto sky raider.

kernels causing issues with tethering is very common.

8. migeeman

migeeman Member

xboxkid likes this.
  9. xboxkid

Migeeman, you sir, had the answer. We are a go. now people in homeroom won't have to use that crappy iphone tether WiFi :)

10. xboxkid