Tethering monthly

Last Updated:

1. Agfox

Agfox Active Member This Topic's Starter

The extra monthly wifi tethering plan is 20 dollars. Do you have to pay that every month or can you start / stop when needed? I usually travel ever other month, and when I'm on the road is when it's needed. I don't want to pay for it the entire year if I don't have to though.

Advertisement
  2. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

Or you could root and get WiFi hotspot for frizzle dizzle :)

3. Agfox

That would be nice, but I'm picking up a Droid X and that option doesn't appear to be available yet.

4. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

you can put it on/take it off at will. If you don't have it on for your full billing cycle though, I believe there will be proration on your usage, so just make sure you didn't use too much data in a short period of time, because you are averaged for the time you had it on and you could potentially go over.

Agfox likes this.
  5. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

You can also just use PDAnet, it's like a $20 one time fee.

6. Agfox

Thanks ggp.

If I'm not mistaken PDAnet tethers via bluetooth or usb, and those won't work for my additional devices unfortunately (iPad for example). Thanks for the the suggestion though.

7. meezi

meezi Well-Known Member

GGP is right on, I actually did this when I wanted to test out the tethering option. I called them and used it for a week and since it was in the middle of the billing cycle they prorated the monthly cost. I was charged like $.80 something cents a day but I couldn't use the full 2/5GB (I forget) allotted monthly. I called them to cancel it and was charged like $7.XX. I found it useful but unfortunately the areas I tried tethering didn't get great service so my connection was too slow for work use.