1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

tethering overchargingSupport

1. Kreto

Kreto Member

Ok im not rooted im on the 55 dollar plan
    And im not supposed to have the hotsot right?
    But i was using it for like 30 min with no problem am i gonn aget charge that on my next billing?????i used it with ithe ps3

Advertisement
    :
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

$55 comes with tethering so no.
  3. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

No it doesn't it's just not being blocked because the ps3 Internet traffic is probably ambiguous to metros blocking.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

5. DocBlue

DocBlue Well-Known Member

Im lost here......I was told that $55 includes tether, no wireless hotspot. Heck I cant even click my hotspot button unless ..well yall know the rest
  6. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

must be something with the PS3. if you try to tether to your PC you'll get some sites to load but most wont work. you have to find a workaround otherwise.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Tether is hotspot....
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Tethering to your ps3 is gonna send huge red flags.

It's not going to be hard to figure out what you're doing if its not included in your plan
  9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

To test it I tethered to my ps3 played mw3 only used 19mb. My guess is he's on the individual plan that's $55 unlimited a month without $5 faily discount. If he had the hotspot addon it's the 50 plus 10 then he would have to have the family plan for it to go down to $55.
  10. daustin2015

daustin2015 Well-Known Member

Iv hade the motion for a mounth now and i had the 50 dollar plan at first and it would not let me tether then i went to the store and switched to the unlimited data went home rebooted my phone and then. It let me tether i am on the family plan with to other lines but i called metro to see what the dill was and they said i was on the 55 dollar plan and i asked if tether was included and she said no but i use the 4g mobile hotspot allthe time on my iphone 4 with no issues and also have used it with ps3 but i dont use much data when i tether whats the dill
  11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

metro so dumb they prolly only have web browsing filters set. Try the web browser on the ps3 n see what it can get too.

But even so, they can still tell you're using a shyt ton more bandwidth than you normally would just using the phone as intended (if you actually played a game etc).
  12. Kreto

Kreto Member

Like doustin i did all that...
    I tried it with fifa i played like two matches
    I am on the family plan and i did go to the main store
    Nd the manager said im not getting charge but if they find
    Out they might cut it out or some bs
    Ike that
    Use it till it worksss
  13. chip hazzard

chip hazzard Active Member

I'm on fifty five $ unlimited plan not the family plan I've tetherd other phones and tabs, especially my sons phone so he can download new games to my old defy for car rides and stuff I've never been charged more than fifty give bones
  14. DoomCrue

DoomCrue Active Member

Keep in mind that I'm still using the Admire, and I'm rooted but I've been using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop for the past 3 months. I've done everything from normal browsing and Netflix to playing Star Trek online.. I've never been charged anything extra nor been given the proverbial 'dirty look' from Metro. I really don't think they give two shits what we do as long as we're paying our bill on time. And anything said by the in store MetroPCS employees is basically bollocks, they don't know their own asses from a hole in the ground.