• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tethering problems three(UK)

hell0w

Lurker
May 22, 2013
hi,

I am looking to tether to my mobile for a short period of 2months or less. After speaking to the above network I am already setup with a contract that includes unlimited data.

When asking if I can upgrade my plan the only option available to me was to take out a second sim/contract which wouldn't be worthwhile.

I have rooted my phone, but depending on the tethering application I use I have various issues. Most say limited access/no internet access. When I use wifi tether I am unable to find the ssid.

Can anyone provide some assistance on how to tether my phone. I am using a rooted Galaxy SIII. thanks

If your contract includes tethering, you're fine.. if not (and the standard unlimited data doesn't include tethering) there are ways that you could get yout phone to tether, but according to your contract with 3 they are allowed to charge you for the extra usage (which can work out to be rather pricey when compared with a second contract)

you can get a second sim which you could use in a mifi device, or dongle on a 30 day contract where

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones