Tethering ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. vt.jdove

vt.jdove Member

Hello all. So here's my problem and I hope you can help. I have rooted the Vortex and I'm trying to tether. I know you can set it up as a hotspot but why pay if i don't have to. Everything works and I set tethering up using Wireless Tether 2.0.2. I also tried something called Barnacle Wifi Tether. So the problem is the network is not showing up under wireless networks on my computer. I think i have it set up to show ad-hoc networks but I dunno. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

open the phone app and dial ##7764726660 and it should bring up a box titled service code. type 000000 now you should see 4 options one being data. click DUN MIP NAI and it should have your 10-digit number@dun.vzw3g.com click on it and delete the dun. so it appears as 10-digit number@vzw3g.com click ok now press home and your phone may or may not reboot. if it doesnt reboot try using the stock app to set it as a hotspot and it will allow you to tether for free. i use the same kind of fix on my incredible.but the ##code doesnt work on it its a different code but i got that code from the ally and the last 3 digits are your model number which should be 660 since the lg vortex is LG VS660. it may revert back to defaults on a reboot so you may have to keep trying. the reason why i think it might revert is because of something in the radio.img because we have a problem with the ally when trying to flash to another carrier. good luck!
    vt.jdove likes this.
  3. vt.jdove

vt.jdove Member

Slight problem... When I use that # and enter the service code I think I am seeing a different screen then what you are referencing. I get this...
    [​IMG]

Seems different than the screen you mentioned. There is nothing below that to scroll down to. Thanks for the help!
  4. death2all110

try ##LGSERVICEMENU
  5. vt.jdove

vt.jdove Member

Awesome. The menu I got from that number had more options than 4 but one was data. I changed what you said and it all worked. Mobile hotspot works. Just hoping I'm not charged once they realize i'm using it haha. Thanks!
  6. death2all110

as long as you have a data plan theyll just think you're using you web and downloading alot of apps so you'll be fine. i do this all the time on my Inc
  7. vt.jdove

vt.jdove Member

Awesome thanks a lot for your help!
  8. xboxps2gba

xboxps2gba Member

I've tried all of this and it worked for a few seconds with the stock tether program then got the "activation page". I checked to see if the dun. was reinserted and it wasn't. I've tried a few other wireless apps and nothing. I'm using the LG Vortex, I appreciate any help. Thank You.
  9. vt.jdove

vt.jdove Member

What does your activation page say? When I opened up hotspot after doing what death2all said, all it said was I had to have hotspot. I then pressed ok. Then good to go.
  10. xboxps2gba

xboxps2gba Member

it says I need to pay for it