Tethering QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. logan24

logan24 New Member This Topic's Starter

I tether using PDAnet and know that Verizon's unlimited data usage limit is 5Gs. I use very little from the mobile network on my DINC, basically I use the mobile network just for my laptop, but I was wondering how far the 5Gs from Verizon will get me when tethering.

Advertisement
  2. SkyyPayne

SkyyPayne Active Member

There is no cap on data with the 30 dollar unlimited plan for your phone. They only have a 5 gb limit with their 15 dollar tethering plan used with their app to tether with the phone. If you are using pda net there is no way for them to bill you. Unless you use 20 gigs in a month. But even then just say you listen to a ton of Pandora and watch YouTube.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

3. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

The contact says they reserve the right to terminate your data access if you pass 5gb of data usage on your phone. If you're tethering "unofficially" then all of your tethering usage will show as phone data usage (if you pay them $30/m to officially tether that data is tracked seperately).

As far as "how far it will get you", I used official tethering as my only hone internet for almost a year. I never passed 4gb in a single month (for official tethering they give you 5gb before they charge you more). Stay away from videos and file sharing and you'll be fine. Pandora uses about 30mb/hour so you'll have no problems there. Playing a game like World of Warcraft will use about 80mb/hour of data.