tethering to android phone to my Droid tablet

1. Grazuncle

Grazuncle Well-Known Member

Hi all

I have a Sony Experia NeoV and ICOO 8" tablet with Jellybean on it.

I have used my phone with PDA Net on PC/laptop ok

Can't get it to work with my Tablet though.. The Tablet message says it can't detect internet on the phone.

I have also tried the WiFi hotspot function on the phone and it is seen by the tablet as it would my router; it authenticates and connects too... but the signal icon on the tablet stays on grey.. it usually turns Blue when on the home WiFi.

I cant get on the internet despite it being 'connected'

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

How is the tablet connected to the internet, 3G? So it can provide an internet WiFi hotspot for the phone to connect to.
    Grazuncle likes this.
  3. Grazuncle

Thanks for looking at this post

I don't think I was clear in my post.. so:

It's my phone that has the internet function via 3G. I use it tethered with USB cable to my laptop or pc successfully using PDANet.

My Tablet has WiFi and USB connections. If I run PDAnet on both.. the tablet message say no internet detect on phone.

I then tried setting up the phone as a HotSpot.

The tablet does see the hotspot and authenticated and connectsquickly but the signal icon (although at highest strength) stay a grey colour and the internet does not work.

When using the tablet on home Wifi. .the Wifi signal icon on the tablet first goes to grey and them blue when it then works fine..

Hope this is more clear.

thanks
  4. Grazuncle

just tried my Sony phone as a hotspot and tried to connect to it with my laptop.

it just says limited connection .. no internet.

Explains the 'no' internet on the tablet..

still looking into it.
  5. Grazuncle

Solved! AVG antivirus s/w..

No warning of it preventing activity.

Anyway.. might help someone...

:)