Tethering to external hard drive to watch movies?Support

Last Updated:

1. Rossforney

Rossforney Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking into buying an external hard drive and was wondering if I could take it on the plane and tether to my Nexus One to watch M4V movies without using up any native memory? Or would I have to move the files to the sd card to watch them?

Advertisement
  2. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that you would need to move them over to the SD card. More importantly, I don't believe the Nexus is able to connect an external hard drive through the USB port? You can use the Nexus as an external hard drive for your computer, but not the other way around (I think)...

3. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

There is a USB driver over on xda that (I think) would allow you to connect an external USB disk (but it would probably require some heavy linux knowledge to get it mounted). But I think you would still need to power the hard drive somehow, so I don't think it would be all that practical (unless you used a USB flash drive)...here is a link I just found:

USB Host Hack Allows Keyboards, Flash Drives to Connect to the Nexus One

mm0

4. rosser81

rosser81 New Member

I've spent a whole day trying to solve this problem. You have to download a special fat32 convert or from Fat32Formatter because large harddrives above 32gb use different exFat which isn't recognized by tablet.
    Download and convert your hard drive completely to Fat32 and then result!

P.s a special no thanks goes out to Acer technical help who know naff all